4 {} It's too late

Andrew paced himself down the hall with me in his arms. My arms were wrapped around his and my head in his neck.

I didn't like that I lied to him about being sick, but I couldn't let him wonder. If he found out about my feelings for Jason, I don't know what he would do, and that I think, is the part that scares me most. I looked up to see Andrews blue eyes a mixture of emerald green, the way they get when he's worried.

He turned another corner and opened the grand doors of the hospital wing, which was surprisingly empty.

" Excuse me " He announced, projecting his voice in such a way that all the doctors and nurses scrambled to bow in front of him.

" Annabelle is sick " He said softly placing me on a bed.

" Andrew I think I'm- "

" Let me look at you dear " A nurse interrupted me, checking my temperature. She stuck a glass thermometer in my mouth and waited a couple seconds before taking it out, Andrew was at my side.

" 38.0 " The nurse began and Andrew frowned.

" I'll go get the medicine " The nurse said while another one put a cold rag on my forehead.

" Well, I'll leave you in their capable hands. Talk to me after dinner okay? I have a lot of tell you " Andrew said standing up and i grabbed his hand

" Okay, see you them " I said, pulling him closer to me until he was close enough for me to kiss his temple, where the scratches were. He smiled at me and returned the favour, kissing me on my cheek. I didn't realize he was gone until I heard the doors closing.

" You know, she could live a thousand life times and never deserve him " The nurse began and I looked at her, confused and dazed.

" What? " I asked her but she kept on going " You on the other hand, deserve better than him " She said and I looked at her confused.

" What are you talking about? " I asked her and she looked up at me.

" Honey, don't settle for what you think is best, because I know a lot of boys who would treat you better then he does " She said and the words suddenly made sense and settled in my thoughts.

" Are, are you talking about Prince Andre- "

" All done! " Another nurse's voice stifled my own and my thoughts.

" Here you go Lady Annabelle, take one pill per day, for an entire week. " The nurse said and I nodded, grabbing the container from her hands and began to get up, the other nurse's words on my mind.

Stepping out of the hospital wing, I looked down at the container. It definitely felt like there were more that seven pills in there. I opened the lid to find dozens of little white and blue pills pilled together.

She must have given me the wrong set of pills.

I turned around quickly, to give them back but then stopped. King Clarkson wanted to see me, in his office. I looked down at the container.

Pills. . King Clarkson.

I'll give them later.

I suddenly walked quickly up the right wing, stepping on the marble steps once again. I was quick on my feet, I had already kept King Clarkson waiting enough, I didn't want him to be mad at me. I walked down the hallway, the nerves suddenly getting to me, and before I knew it, I was shaking. I don't why, I've had talks with the Queen before and I was never nervous or anything. But now, taking with the King alone just felt . . unsettling.