fifteen(alt)

jungkook stares at his phone. its been sitting on his nightstand for 3 hours. he hasn't moved since he woke up. he's too scared to. its the seventh day and he doesn't know what he is going to do if jimin doesn't choose him. jimin is the only person he has ever needed by his side. the only one he has ever wanted by his side. but that's selfish, he knows if jimin chooses him he will hurt him again, and again. and jimin will always forgive him because that's just the person jimin is.

he finally gets up from his bed when his alarm clock for school goes off. he decides to jump in the shower. he takes his times washing every part of his body and letting the hot water hit his back so he can distract himself from thoughts of jimin choosing someone over himself. when he's finished he gets dressed making sure he looks perfect. he wears the clothes jimin has said he loves on him. because this could be the day that his heart gets broken, either way he wants to look good on this tragically wonderful day.

he almost doesn't want to leave because then maybe this day doesn't have to happen. his stomach feels queasy and he can't even try to fake a smile. but he put this on himself so he really doesn't feel sorry for himself. though he knows jimin is going to pick him there is still that slight feeling in the back of his mind that jimin won't pick him. it's why he can't be 100% happy. he knows jimin. jimin has picked him over everyone thus far. there was a point when jimin picked him over hoseok. so he knows jimin will pick him.

jungkook knows jimin isn't here today because he sees hoseok and seokjin sitting on the bench in front of the school without jimin. tae decided to stay home today. jungkook told the older lad what he told jimin just last night and he knows tae is stressing about it. especially because they mutually agreed that if they weren't chosen they would respectfully distance themselves from jimin. on the off chance that jimin doesn't choose him jungkook knows he has plenty of options.

but jimin is really his only option. he's the only one jungkook really wants. so his heart is breaking every second his phone doesn't get a call from jimin. his mind feels crowded with thought of each and every moment he has spent with jimin. beating himself up for not cherishing each and every single moment. for not noticing jimins smile until it was too late. for not noticing how smooth and delicate his skin is. for not noticing how in love jimin is with him. maybe if he noticed a month or two sooner he wouldn't be competing with his step brother.

his whole day drags on, each ticking minute feeling like a lifetime. maybe it's because he stares at the clock, or maybe it's because he hasn't seen jimin in seven days and his days are getting duller and time is actually going by now.

when the final bell rings he rides his motorcycle to yoongis house. he doesn't bother to knock, he just walks in, ignoring yoongi and the latina girl that jungkook doesn't care enough to remember. they are fūcking on the couch, jungkook isn't bothered by sex, he has done it too many times to care about seeing two people doing it.

he goes upstairs, walking down the long hall to the room. the room where he first spoke to jimin. the first time they had sex. he looks around and then stops when he sees the bed. he smiles, he kicks off his shoes then lays down. he stares at the ceiling, trying to remember how jimin looked and felt that first day. he let jimin kiss him that day. he wishes he would have kissed him more.

but all this time he was scared, but this week has been the scariest of his life. he sits there like that for about an hour when his phone rings. he sits up quickly grabbing his phone out of his pocket.

jimin.

he let's it ring, he doesn't want to answer it, he doesn't want to know anymore. he could avoid it but it's inevitable. if he doesn't find out right now he may never find out.

"hello," he says quickly when he thinks he ran out of rings.

"jungkook?" jimin asks.

"yeah it's me," jungkook says as he gets up and starts pacing back and forth.

"where are you? i want to talk to you in person," jimin speaks nervously.

"im at yoongis house. in our room," jungkook says with a shaky voice.

"okay ill be there in a bit," jimin tells him. "bye," jimin adds.

"bye jimin," jungkook says with a smile. "jimin," jungkook says before jimin can hang up.

"yeah?"

"i love you," jungkook says with a hopeless smile.

"i love you more. bye jungkook," jimin says then hangs up the phone. jungkook smiles then tosses his phone so that it plops on the bed. he smiles because jimin said it back. so he has to be the one jimin chose. he has to be.

jimin shows up only ten minutes later. when he reaches the room he has a deep blush spread across his whole face. "you saw yoongi and his girlfriend?" jungkook chuckles.

jimin nods, "how long have they been doing that?" jimin asks. jungkook can't help, but smile. he loves when jimin blushes.

"since i got here. so about an hour," jungkook says then sits down on the bed. "so you made a choice," jungkook states. not so much a question but a statement.

"i did," jimin says and sits down next to jungkook. jungkook runs his hand through his hair and sighs. he smiles and looks at jimin. "i choose you,"

"i knew you would choose hi- wait what?" jungkook sputters out as he really processes what jimin has said.

jimin steps closer to him, he grips jungkooks shirt with his tiny hands and looks up into his eyes. "i choose you," jimin says not breaking eye contact with him.

"are you serious?" jungkook asks as tears well up in his eyes. he cups jimins cheeks and restlessly touches jimin from his face to his neck to his shoulders not knowing what to do with his hands.

"im serious," jimin says gripping jungkooks wrists.

"what about tae?" jungkook asks worried for his step brother and how he must feel.

"i went and saw him before i came here he said he understands that i would want to be with you and that he's okay with us just being friends," jimin explains as jungkook pulls him closer.

"i'm sorry," jungkook mumbles as a tear falls down his face.

"awe don't cry kookie," jimin says wiping away his tears and pecking him on the lips. "you don't have to be sorry," he whispers as his and jungkooks nose brushes up against each other.

"yes i do, after everything ive said and done i don't see how you still want to be with me," jungkook mumbles completely letting his gaurd down for all of jimin to see.

"kookie i picked you because when i heard you talk about me to yoongi, i knew you loved me and were just afraid. and i forgive you for being scared," jimin says pulling jungkook into a hug.

"i love you jimin-ssi,"

"i love you more,"

a/n:

okay so passionate love making next

i started this like the original chapter five so that it felt like a real ending and not just an alternate ending, i hope that's cool and y'all like it:)