Janruary 27th, 1807

We knew that this would have caused trouble and it was our fault but we would make it right. For Kate, for Diablo, and for the Brotherhood.

I crouched as I watched from above, feeling the wind blow ever so slightly over my hood and hair. I stared down at the towns people below me, all gathering in a group in front of a stage with the governor and his guards. The towns square was busier than it had ever been before.

The Governor was making a speech about how angry he was about the fact that someone had killed his wife, that I had killed his wife. He threatened to hang each and everyone of these innocent towns people if nobody owned up to the murder or to being a part of the Thieves Brotherhood. He knew it was someone from that group and he was right.

He wouldn't kill all of the towns people and I knew it. He would kill a few hundred maybe but wouldn't get through the thousands of people below and if I could help it, he won't kill anyone.

I watched as the first group of ten innocent men walked forward towards the stage where ten ropes hung. As the first man stepped onto the stage, I jumped off of the church tower that I was on.

I flew downwards, gaining speed with every meter I dropped. I was half way there when I pulled out my bow and drew an arrow. 20 meters from the ground and I released my grip on the string and the arrow flew through the air and pierced the neck of a guard. I landed smoothly onto an owning outside a shop and rolled off.

I hit the ground, got to my feet and as I ran towards the stage I drew another arrow from my pouch, loaded it, aimed and fired. A slight smile spread across my face as I watched the arrow enter a guard's eye. What a shot.

The sea of citizens parted as I ran towards the stage. More guards were coming from every direction and the first were upon me now.

With my right hand I drew out my 10 inch dagger and with my left I tensed and my hidden blade unsheathed itself from under my sleeve and slid over the top of my knuckles. I punched the guard a guard in the throat, my hidden blade slicing his esophagus. Warm, scarlet liquid sprayed my face as I spun around swinging my dagger wildly into the surrounding opponents with my hidden blade still in the spasming throat.

I pulled at my left hand and almost instantly swung it round and stabbed a guard in his right temple. He fell to the ground amongst the now countless amount of bodies piled in a pool of blood. Before I had time to realise what had happened, I was stabbed from behind by the bayonette of a guards rifle.

I glanced down and witness the blade twist and then exit back out of me. I dropped my dagger and fell to my knees, clutching my wound. I looked up at the rifle pointing towards my face and whistled slowly but loudly. The guard frowned in confusion and I smiled back.

At the same time he noticed this, an arrow was shot through his back and out through his chest. More blood sprayed over me as he fell to the ground, curled up in a ball with blood leaking out across the floor. I heard gunshots and yelling and I saw my Brothers attacking the guards and surrounding them.

I made a grab for the dropped rifle but another guard kicked it aside. In an instant, I reached to the back of my thigh and came swinging back with a half a dozen throwing knives in my hands. I threw one, then another up into the guard standing above me. One had hit his chest and the other his shoulder. With him now distracted I grabbed the rifle under his foot and threw the last of my knives into surrounding guards.

I stabbed another charging guard in the stomach with the bayonette and pulled the trigger of the rifle and he and a guard behind him both fell as their life left their bodies.

I picked myself up off the ground and continued on towards the stage where the governor was cowering behind his thinning wall of defenses. I was upon the last of the defenses now. I jumped onto the first crouching guard and onto the head of the standing one behind him and launched myself up into the air. I pulled out my bow again and drew another arrow from my pouch.

Still in mid air I loaded it. I need this shot. I aimed. Come on! I let go of the string and the arrow flew through the air in slow motion. Please...

***

Within ten minutes later, all of the city's guards either lay dead on the ground or have surrended and been locked into a cell. Governor Bailey lay among the many dead. Of the twenty-one Brothers that began this fight, fourteen remain. I smiled at how well we went. I thought it must have been at least ten guards to every Brother, but we still won. I knew we would.

***

I stumbled my way over to the hospital where the nurse stitched up my stab wound in my back and in my stomach. She said I would have a scar forever.