Janruary 18th, 1807

"Shhh," I told Diablo "be quiet!"

He nodded and together we looked upwards towards the beautiful nights sky, seeing the twinkling stars. We were standing beneath the East Tower of the city's castle. Bailey's wife slept up there.

She killed Kate and the rest of our Brotherhood, so we will kill her.

I threw the rope up onto the top of the tower and it caught on something. I tugged at it to make sure it was secure and then allowed Diablo to start climbing. Once he was up, he gave me the thumbs up over the edge of the tower and i began to climb.

It took me about a minute to climb but I was still faster than Diablo. When we reached the top, we searched around in the darkness. I wasn't long before Diablo found a trapdoor.

We quietly opened it and peeked inside. It was a bedroom, just as we had hoped. The room had a wooden floor and stone walls. The room was almost empty apart from a bed in one corner, a green rug in the middle of the room and a wardrobe at the end of the room.

We slid inside and snuck up the the bed. It was very dark in there so we could barely see. Suddenly from behind us I heard yelling and then a charging woman rushed at Diablo, she had something in her hands and was hitting Diablo with it.

I seized my oppertunity and picked her up by her left thigh and upper left arm. I ran with her to the window and dropped her out. I watched as she fell for a moment and then heard a splat and a crunching sound. I looked over the edge and ssaw a mangled body lying motionless in a sparlking pool of blood reflecting the moon's light.

"Ow," I heard Diablo say and then he cursed. I opened the trapdoor onto the roof and lifted Diablo up and then climbed out myself. It was brighter out here and I could clearly see Diablo's wounds.

He had been stabbed several times in the back and blood was pouring out of him. I crouched down beside him and whispered to him.

"You'll be ok," and promised that to him. I lifted him onto my shoulder and even I was suprised that I had held onto him the whole down the rope. I left the rope hanging down the wall and started my journey down the the river, Diablo liked visiting the town's river with Kate.

***

Diablo died before we reached the river that night. I laid his body down in the centre and he drifted peacefully away. I couldn't keep my promise and I felt bad for that.

I headed back towards the new hideout. It was just a broken down house that we had somehow managed to rebuild.

"You did it?" Leroy asked as I walked in through the door.

"Yeah, but we lost Diablo..." I barely managed to speak, he had been my only real friend in this world of crime, the only one I ever wanted to be with.