Is That a Problem?

It was Bakugou's turn to blush now and Kirishima just laughed, leading them toward the bumper cars. They played a few games, their competitive nature showing and won a couple of prizes for each other.

They had eaten too much shitty food but were enjoying themselves. It was getting toward the end of the night when Kirishima wanted to be a little more cuddly but he wasn't sure how Bakugou would react so he hadn't done anything yet.

Bakugou wanted to hold Kirishima's hand so he reached down and threaded their fingers together. He was sick of the stolen kisses and brief touches that currently signified their relationship.

He wanted Kirishima's hand in his, to show the world that he was his. He really hoped Kirishima would be ok with it, he wasn't sure how he would handle that kind of rejection after such a nice night.

Sure, he was difficult to get along with but that wasn't accidental, he had constructed his outward appearance specifically to deter people. He'd had no use for friendships.

It was becoming clear to him now though that his attitude may have an effect on how Kirishima was seen and he would never forgive himself if he was to dim Kirishima's light.

He was a fucking red beacon in an otherwise grey picture.

He must have been scowling particularly hard, lost in thought, because Kirishima turned to him and asked, "Ah Katsuki, you know we're in public right? Is this ok?" Gesturing to their clasped hands.

Kirishima's face had a tentative smile, this was the first time Bakugou had initiated any public affection and they were at a fair! Where any one of their friends could see.

"Yeah. It's good," Bakugou replied.

But Kirishima's smile faltered just a bit at Bakugou's lack of enthusiasm. Maybe he wasn't comfortable with people knowing they were a thing.

Bakugou saw Kirishima's face fall and knew he had said the wrong thing. It seemed he was good at that. He let out a breath and continued. "I'm sick of hiding. Can we just be us? If people find out, they find out. Hell, I want them to know you're mine, Kiri. I know I don't deserve you but I will try my damn hardest to show them I'm not bad for you."

Bakugou's voice was thick with emotion and his speech caught Kirishima off guard. He stared at him for a few moments before he reached out to wrap him in an embrace "You're perfect for me," he said against his ear.

The two stood like this, amongst the busy crowd, for a few minutes just holding each other. It was exactly what they both needed.

When they pulled away, still grasping each other's hands, it was like all the tension of the day had slipped away and they were left with a new kind of warmth.

Kirishima leaned in to give Bakugou a brief kiss, not paying attention to their surroundings. Their brief kiss was cut even shorter by an excited, high pitched squeal.

"Eeeeeeeeeeee what the hell is going on! I am not seeing this! Kaminari! Am I seeing this?!"

Ashido was standing not three metres away grasping Kaminari's upper arm while staring wide eyed at them.

"Well I guess it's not a secret anymore," Kirishima chuckled, peeking at Bakugou's expression to judge how he would handle the situation.

To his disbelief, and delight, Bakugou was smirking to himself.

"Sparky already knows, Racoon Eyes," Bakugou called out as he took Kirishima's hand and turned his back on the onlookers.

Ashido's head snapped to Kaminari, incredulous "You what?!" Her outraged cries faded as they quickly navigated their way through the crowd.