Chapter 5 - In My Barney Pajamas & Baby Bop Slippers

CHAPTER 5

✫✫✫

The past few days, in my most honest opinion, had been very uneventful.

Contrary to most rising singers, I didn't post another cover of a song or whatever most rising singers do on YouTube. I ignored the text and calls of the talent agencies who gave me offers and I refused to get interviewed by shows.

Hey, don't blame me for hating the popular life. It isn't as fun as you think.

Sadly though, Paul didn't have the same perspective as I did. And so he decided to confront me on one fine Saturday afternoon.

"What are you doing here?" He barged through my room without a single thought and glared daggers at me.

I glanced at him before continuing to read Allegiant. I popped a popcorn in my mouth. "I'm reading. Can't you see?"

"No, I mean what are you doing with your life?! People have been asking me when on earth you'll show yourself to the public and I can only reply them with the words 'I don't know'! I can't believe you're letting this opportunity pass! It's been two weeks, Gigi! Two freaking weeks!"

I rolled my eyes. "I'm perfectly aware of what's happening, bro. They'll all get over me soon, don't worry."

Before I could pop another popcorn in my mouth, Paul snatched my bucket away from me. "Do you even know what you're saying, Gigi? Stop taking this lightly! If I were you, I would get my butt out of my pajamas and start trying to get famous!"

I took the bucket back and gobbled as much popcorn as I could while I spoke. "Is that really all you think of me? A money maker-slash-breadwinner? As far as I know, you're the one who posted a video of me singing, not me. I never asked you to. So if you want me to be famous, do it yourself. I'm not gonna do something I don't wanna do."

He was about to reply when we heard the doorbell ringing. He gave me an 'I'll get back at you' kind of look before leaving the room to open the door.

Tss, brothers. They just don't get it.

I tied my hair in a bun before reading again. By the time I was in the part where Tris was telling Caleb that she never wanted to leave Tobias (wherein my eyes began to swell), abrupt knocking interrupted me.

"What is the matter now?" I grumbled as I walked towards the door. "First he barges into my room without a bit of shame, then he suddenly wants to knock like a decent person. Did he suddenly have a change of heart?"

Paul's head filled the tiny space between the door and it's frame, blocking the view from outside. Full anxiety etched his face. "We have a problem."

"Yeah. Your face is in front of me."

He narrowed his eyes before taking a deep breath. "Just shut up, alright? This is a major problem, Gigi! You won't want to come out of this room once I tell you, trust me."

I scoffed. "As if I would listen to you. I've had enough pranks in my life to know if you're lying or not."

"This is serious! If you get out you-"

"Oh shut your big mouth, Pauly-wolly. It's not like paparazzi is inside my house to take pictures of me." I stretched the door wide open to prove my point.

And flashes of light blinded my vision.

✫✫✫

I squirmed nervously in the corner of the living room while Paul tried to calmly convince the twenty or more photographers and reporters to come another day for my 'interview'. Apparently, when Paul answered the door minutes ago, they all shoved their way inside and started taking in my abode like it was a museum. Taking photos of furniture and picture frames included.