Chapter 12 - Disagreements & Disgusting Ship Names

CHAPTER 12

✫✫✫

"You want me to fake date you?!" I slammed my hands on the table and stared angrily at the guy I badly wanted to get rid of.

Hannibal smiled annoyingly. "Easy there, babe. We wouldn't want to hurt the table."

Steam was coming out of my nose. When Hannibal called me awhile ago, he told me to meet with him at Lottie's again to talk about the fake rumors spreading about us being a couple. When I came, the whole place was empty. He assured me that nobody was staying in the cafe anymore and he paid the owner so that we could discuss matters privately.

And now he wants to ruin my life. Why does everybody like doing that to me?

"I don't even like you, much less know you! Why would I want to act that I do?" I asked him.

He just kept his smile like he always does. "It's a win-win situation, babe. We both act in love for a few months, we get more famous than we already are and earn a lot of bucks. It'll be easy since a lot of fans are starting to like the thought of us as a couple anyway."

"Like I'd want to act lovey-dovey with a guy like you." I rolled my eyes. "I'd rather eat a million ghost peppers than do as much as hold your hand and call you honey bunch."

"Oh, is that so?" He asked. He lifted his mug of coffee before smirking. "I was expecting you to say that."

I lifted a brow. This guy's face is really ticking me off. "Sure you did. Because you know everything about me after we first met. Huh, as if."

"On the contrary, I do." He said. "I know the basics about you. From your old two-story house, to your father's restaurant that you never visit, and I even know your cat named Mewie whom you blatantly ignore unless she's giving birth to kittens."

I was appalled. "I do not ignore Mewie! That's a lie! Well.. Maybe I do ignore her several times a month but still! What are you, some sort of stalker?"

"Me? Stalk you?" He chuckled. "You wish. I'm just doing my research. And my research tells me that fake dating you, the instafamous star, can make me richer and more popular."

"Wait, so you're trying to use me? For popularity?!" Geez, this guy's more selfish than I thought.

He set down his cup and nodded. "Ouï, mon cher. I wouldn't waste my time looking up on a nobody, now would I? I only date people for my gain, only that. You're lucky I even chose to ask you. Most girls would ask me to fake date them."

"Gold-diggers." I muttered under my breath.

For what seemed like forever, he went on and on about his fake dating life and ground rules and such. I was so glad when he finally stopped with a question. "So, are you willing to make money through dinners, roses and PDA?"

"Can you be even more contemptible?" I rolled my eyes and stood up to leave. "I don't even know how people are drawn towards you and your greediness. It's like you don't know how to court a girl so you forced her to be with you. It's sick."

"Is that a yes then?"

"No, Mr. Narcissus. It's a definite no." I said, walking away. There is no way on earth that I'd fake date a guy like Hannibal. Unless I desperately needed the money, which I don't, I will never ever let myself be linked with that guy.

He went after me and slid his arm around my waist. "If you change your mind, which you will, you know my number." He winked at me before opening the entrance door.

"Why is your arm on my—" I stopped halfway as soon as I saw the many paparazzi in front of us.

"Gigi! Gigi! Look up here!"