9

Disclaimer: I changed the ending of the last chapter because I wanted to do something different before anything like 'that' happened.

•Ashley•

"Alright so your song..." Ellen said eyeing me. It was the day after and I was on the Ellen's show obviously.

"My song..?" I smiled and giggled

"ITS SO AWESOME" she yelled making me jerk back in surprise as the crowd laughed

"Oh my god you scared me!" I laughed

"No really.. it's so awesome like come on let's listen to part of it" She said and faced the screen behind us.

"Alright" I laughed and the my performance from the billboard awards.

Everyone watched the performance quietly. Then when the part of me crying came on Ellen paused the video. The crowd clapped and I smiled.

"So so why- why did you starts crying?" Ellen asks me. I smile.

"It's just- look I'm human and I have a life like everyone out there.." I sniffled and Ellen nodded

"And sometimes life gets a little hard- I was just facing some... problems .. and yeah" I said. By now my eyes were red.

".. well it's a great song nonetheless" Ellen said and I thanked her.

"Who's the song for though" she smirked making me and the crowd laugh.

"Well.." I said

"I can't tell..!" I laughed

"Come on just tell us... this isn't live there are no cameras recording us no one will know except for the people in this room" she said and I laughed

"Sure sure Ellen" I laughed.

"Tell me backstage then" she said and I eyed her carefully before we fell into laughter again.

•••

A few hours later
Back home.

•Ashley•

Taylor was over at my house and we were baking chocolate chip cookies because why not?

"I can't wait for these cookies to be done!!!" Taylor said as she put in the first tray of cookies into the oven.

"Neither can I. It smells so good!!!" I said clutching my stomach.

Suddenly my phone starts ringing. I turn the screen over and up from the counter as Taylor and I sit down on the chairs in the kitchen. I looked at the name on my screen

Justin 😊❤️

I instantly smiled, picking up the phone.

"Hey Jus" I said and Taylor smirked at me making me giggle silently.

"Hey Ash" he said and I could hear something close to sadness and urge in his voice.

"What's wrong?" I ask him worried

"Nothing.. it's just hails and I had a fight... and I'm thinking of breaking it off with her.. we've been fighting over nonsense and I don't think I liked her that way anymore.." he says. I heard a horn.

"Oh.. .. wait.. are you driving Justin?" I asked him

"Yes.." he said