Prologue

(Don't worry guys this is going to be a little different from any other story that I have ever done. I know this prologue sounds like the beginning of owari no seraph but trust me it won't be anything like it in the future.)

"Yuu just get out of here before they come and get you too." Mika was yelling in my face as blood spewed from his wounds.

A noble laid on the floor next to us with a gunshot in his head.

"B-But what about you Mika." He smiled and handed me a small heart shaped necklace.

I opened it slowly and what I saw broke my heart completely. It was a picture of us the first day that I arrived at the orphanage.

My expression was completely grumpy where his was happy. He had that typical stupid smile he always had no matter what the situation was.

Tears made their way down my cheeks as I ran through the tunnel to the outside world in front of me.

'I'll avenge you Mika if it is the last thing that I do. I'll do it for you, and the rest of our family.'

The fading sun was setting across the horizon as I made my way outside of the cave. The grass was fuzzy against my feet.

"If only everyone else could see what I see right now." I whispered quietly to myself.

A snap of twig caught my attention. My eyes peered around in every direction, wondering if it was a vampire coming to search for me.

'Well it was fun while it lasted. At least I'll get to see my family again.' More tears gathered at the edges of my eyes as I held the locket close to my heart. It was the last thing I will ever get from my best friend.

"Good he's here the prophecy was right it was foretold we would come into contact with one of the test subjects from hyakuya labs." Three people were approaching me with hoods. The leader took his hood down showing me his black/blueish hair and some sort of army looking uniform.

I looked in their direction with tears in my eyes. "Hey kid how would you like to help us get rid of the vampires once and for all." I slowly walked forward and wrapped my arms around him.

"I'll do whatever it takes as long as I get to kill every last one of them."