Chapter 7

CHAPTER 7

Giulia's POV

So that's what I felt forhim, attraction. I kept glancing at his beautiful face while wewalked out.

"Giulia,do you want to walk? We could go with the car but..."

"I'll walk, my shoesare comfortable." I said interrupting him. I couldn't wait to getout.

"OKgreat, I know about a short cut through the fields that will take usdirectly to a very nice place." He said smiling. As soon as we wentout we were hit by the warm breeze, it was a beautiful day. Althoughit wasn't summer yet, the day was warm and, I was really feeling hotwith that jacket on. We kept walking for some time in silence,glancing at each other from time to time. There were many things Iwanted to talk to him about, but I was embarrassed. He must havenoticed...

"Doyou want to ask me something else?" He asked me without looking atme. We were passing through a beautiful field; there were sunflowerseverywhere. I would have wanted to run and jump through them, it feltlike a dream. I still couldn't believe that I was in Italy, and I wasfeeling happy.

"CanI?" I asked shyly.

"Sure."

"Well,please don't laugh at me but, I'm really embarrassed to ask this."I said feeling my face already burning. He stopped for a secondlooking at me a little narrowly.

"Ithink I know what's coming, and I don't know if I'll manage toanswer, but I'll try. Tell me." He said calmly. I played nervouslywith my hair. There were many things I wanted to ask.

"Amit's just that I have a doubt. I have a small idea on how childrenare made, but do not know exactly." I began." I know that a manand a woman should be in love ideally and that the woman carries thebaby. I know also that they have to have sex." I stopped. My heartwas pounding in my chest.

"Yes..so what's the question?" he asked me without looking in my face.

"Whatis sex exactly?" I asked in a whisper. My God, I had formulated thequestion finally. It was something that had been in my mind for quitesome time. A question that no one had answered for me yet. We had nocomputer at the orphanage, no books on the subject, so I was left intotal ignorance. He stopped all of a sudden and his eyes widened.Probably he thought I was some kind of alien or something. I hadasked once Sister Mary, but she had looked at me just like him andhad started to freak out saying that I should never mention that inthe orphanage again, that it was bad and evil. She had described itas something so dirty that I was afraid to ask again.

"Giulia,how I can explain this? My God, how I wish I had a sister or a femalefriend. This is really embarrassing." He stuttered. He keptwalking.

"Please.I know I'm seventeen and that certain things I should know them, butit's not my fault." I pleaded. He stopped again and turned aroundand looked at my flushed face.

"Ok,I guess I don't have choice, right? I'll try to explain it. My God,how could the sisters do this? I mean it's your right to know. Toprotect yourself. You're a young woman." I blushed harshly. I wasfeeling like an idiot. He walked towards me and patted my shoulder.

"Don'tworry, you have nothing to be embarrassed about." He said.Then he began to explain that men and women were differentanatomically speaking. I listened interestedly to what he was sayinguntil he arrived at the part at how a baby is conceived. My eyeswidened when he explained how this is done; I looked stunned at himand couldn't stop myself but to look at his strong masculine body,imagining how it would feel to do those things with a guy like him.He felt uncomfortable I could see that. No wonder the sister neverwanted to tell me anything.