Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6

I was still laying down onmy bed when someone knocked on the door.

"Giulia,it's me. Can I come in? I want to talk to you." I heard him saying.My stomach ached just hearing his voice. I was still angry with him,but I couldn't deny the sudden excitement I began to feel.

"No,go away, please." I shouted. He didn't. Instead he opened the doorand came in.

"ListenGiulia."

"No,you have to listen." I shouted interrupting him. " I can't and Idon't want to live like this. I had enough; this is not life. I'mkept here like a prisoner. I can't do anything. I can't go out; Ican't go to work. I'm fed up!!!" I said feeling on the verge ofcrying. He was looking at me in silence with a sad look in his eyes."I don't understand why you brought me here if your life is somessed up. If you knew that I would be in trouble why didn't youleave me with the sisters? I was happy there. Here no one loves me;Raul hates me, Ignacio is always very quiet and you... you.." Istopped feeling a lump in my throat.

"Iwhat Giulia? Come on tell me!" He asked with his deep voice, withhis Italian accent which made my heart race.

"You'renot my father! You can't tell me what to do and how to live. You'reruining my life, and I hate you." I yelled my voice breaking. Ilooked up at him, tears streaming down my face. He looked at me andthen he came near me and without saying anything he pulled me in hisarms. My face was buried in the crook of his neck; his arms wentaround me and for a moment I had stopped breathing. I wanted to pullback, I was too angry and hurt but I didn't. I couldn't. I justwanted to get lost in his arms; I just wanted to hear his heart beatagainst my ear, to inhale his good scent. My hair brushed against hisneck, it felt so good. His hands kept caressing my back and at thatmoment I felt happy and forgot all my anger.

Diego's Pov

I felt strange; a hug thathad taken place just to comfort her was turning into somethingintimate. I felt her breasts pushing against my chest, the sweetscent of her hair invading my nostrils, awakening my senses. Justthen I felt terrified, that hug had nothing paternal. I had to pullback. My eyes looked down on her thighs; she was wearing a skirtwhich had gone a little up due to the position we were in, exposingher beautiful legs and thighs. I had to stop this. I pushed her away,maybe a little more abruptly than I should have. It wasn't what Iwished, but I didn't have choice, I couldn't let her notice in whatstate I was, how awakened my body was. This was all wrong for Godsake. She looked at me shocked when I stood up as if something hadbit me. I walked away from her and turned around. With my back facingher, I looked out of the window trying to focus on something. I hadto relax, to calm down but it wasn't easy, my trousers felt reallyuncomfortable at that moment. I hoped she didn't notice. I had to saysomething to break the silence. Although I wasn't looking at her, Icould feel her gaze on me.

"Erm..Giuliawhat can I do to make you happy?" I asked her then. She kept quietfor a second then..

"Ido not know. I just want to live. Have a little freedom. You knowit's already a month that I'm here, and I haven't even seen thisplace yet. I don't know how the neighbour hood is. I would like tosee the beautiful nature of this country, the trees, the fields, thehills and the countryside. I would love to go around. To see the seamaybe I don't know." She said softly.

Ithought for a moment and then I turned around to face her."Listen,I'll go and leave you alone, so you can change while I go and closemy office. Put on something nice. I'll be back here for you and we'llgo out OK?I'll take you around." I said knowing already that thiswasn't going to be a good idea. Her face brightened up, her eyesglittered. She looked so beautiful.

"Really?I would love that but, in doing so you'll lose a day of work, and youcan't afford it." She said concerned. I smiled at her. "Well,I'm already bankrupted so don't worry, things can't go worse. Havinga break won't change things." I said even though in reality Icouldn't afford to lose time. Every second was precious, thecountdown had began and the time was approaching. But I didn't careright now. I just wanted to see her happy, she had never been tillnow. She was still looking worried at me. "Don't worry Giulia. I'llgo now. I'll be back soon".