Avadh's Choice

Who was more surprised by Avadh's sudden appearance, Iker or Aldera was a matter up for debate. Avadh's hands became paws and he broke the silver bindings on Iker's wrists.

Iker looked at Avadh for one moment before he looked at the rogues and smirked.

"Oh come let's play. I thought someone said something about how delectable I look? ," sneered Iker before he jumped. After he was done, only bones and blood was left. The flesh was taken by Aldera's dogs.

Iker turned to his human form and saw his husband fighting the rogue woman. She had a lot of fancy equipment. Iker scowled. She seems like the crazy scientist type.

Iker looked at Avadh.

" I am sure whoever is holding the frontiers for you have not guaranteed they will hold it forever," said Iker snidely.

Avadh threw the woman and she fell somewhere in a ditch to come back to them anytime soon. Avadh looked at Iker and got to him. 

"Iker, I have made my choice. Priorities should change as people grow and I grew when I got you in my life. I learned that my priority should be my family. If I can't keep my family safe and happy, how will I do that for my people?" asked Avadh.

Iker glared at him but huffed.

"Be that as it may, Avadh Alwar if you think you will easily be forgiven, you are mistaken. You are going to sleep on the couch like every idiotic husband in the world for the foreseeable future, King or not," said Iker before a sob left him and he hugged Avadh.

Avadh almost lifted Iker off his feet.

"I thought you wouldn't come for me," said Iker, slowly.

"I know, I am sorry I made you feel that way," said Avadh lifting his hand and wiping the small teardrop that appeared on the edge of Iker's eyes.

"Avadh, if you have stopped smooching my kid brother, can you get back to the frontiers?" Avadh heard Cris' voice and Iker heard it too and snorted.

"Who have you sent to the north to aid Vansh?" asked Avadh.

"Viraat, Zal and, Hale," said Cris.

"Come let's go. I am taking you to the palace- started Avadh.

Iker started protesting.

"Atrey can't hold the palace on his own. You know our family is in there. I can't trust anyone else in the pack with that," said Avadh and Iker closed his mouth.

It is true. Other than Tara, he had a lot of nephews and nieces in there. Then there are the sister in laws, brother in laws and the uncles and aunts. Atrey wouldn't be able to do it all on his own. He was not a fighter, at least not physically. He had the mental strength.

Iker nodded and turned to leave for the palace when he felt Avadh grab his arms and turn him. Avadh dropped a kiss on Iker's forehead and rushed off.

Iker flushed.

"The cheat, he broke his ban," thought Iker scowling, but turned and rushed back to the palace.

Ma greeted him with a hug, so did Atrey, Arav, Piya and Tara. He then greeted all other family members and the guards and then went out into the front, checking the perimeters.

----------------------------------------

Avadh got back from the southern front. He saw Iker and sighed.

"All are safe in the north too. They will reach by morning," said Avadh.

Iker nodded.

He looked at Avadh.

"Hope you are not injured, because you are definitely not sleeping near me," said Iker.

Avadh looked at Iker.

"Okay," he said.

Once they were in the privacy of their bedroom. Avadh looked at Iker. 

"What will I have to do to earn your forgiveness ?" asked Avadh.

"Why do you want my forgiveness?" asked Iker.

"Because you matter to me more than anything in this world and it took me a day away from you to realise that," said Avadh.

Iker glared at him.

"Oh, I do, Do I?  You come and surprise me in some far off stupid place and then suddenly you ignore me! You bipolar bastard. You can't be hot and cold and just say that you care," Iker said and was shocked to realise that his eyes were filled. 

Iker went off to freshen up and Avadh sighed. Avadh waited and Iker came out and threw a new towel at him from the rack. Avadh freshened up and came out soon. He saw Iker was on the bed. He decided that he was going to grovel if he must and it was a completely deserved punishment. So he got to the sofa and slept there.

Iker felt bad. So he sat near him on the carpet watching as Avadh slept, running his hand through the man's hair. If someone else treated him this way, he would have killed them. But this man here, he had not hurt Iker for selfish reasons. His selflessness made him deserving of all the chances in the world.

Iker pressed a kiss to the man's forehead and slowly he too fell asleep, not realising that he was sleeping on floor near his husband who was getting punished by him.

In the morning, Avadh woke up first. He looked at Iker's face and kissed him on the forehead. To not embarrass Iker, Avadh decided to sleep a bit more.

Iker woke up and realised what he did. He looked at Avadh and saw he was sleeping. Iker hesitated a bit, but bent down and kissed on Avadh's cheek.

Once Iker left, Avadh opened his eyes and a small smile played on his lips.

Okay, Hi people, I am still here. I had gone to my home which is in another district and the network is bad there and uploading a chapter would be a real difficult job, So I had put it off for so long, six days really. But the updates will pick up this weekend.