Time (Edward Cullen for Ladybug1834)

Happy late birthday Odessa! (Sorry this took me so long to get up, but I really hope you enjoy it) This would have been up awhile ago but Wattpad wouldn't let me upload. But it's fine now!

Sorry if Bella doesn't seem in character, I wanted to make her a bit more interesting.

*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Time.

Time was a funny thing. Some people have a lot of time, some have only a little. Some lose track, and some can't wait for it to pass. As the date of moving came closer, I had wanted nothing more than to push it even faster. I was excited to move from my home in Texas to the rainy Forks area.

Forks, Washington was the home of my family originally, long before I was born. Though my parents had only been there for a short time, they had fallen in love with the small town and its people. They, unfortunately, moved to Texas where they gave birth to the beautiful person who was me. Well, myself and my two older sisters.

I can only assume I was born on a hot and sunny day, because it was always hot and sunny here. My parents had lovingly named me Odessa, meaning "marine" in ancient Greek. It was fitting, seeing as I enjoyed the water and it was pretty unique as far as names go. Overall, I thought I was pretty average.

I was average height, with A LOT of freckles. My light brown hair came down to about my waist, which I liked to think went well with my hazel eyes. I had also been blessed with thick eyebrows, thank you very much genetics.

I eagerly watched out the window as Bella drove me to school. She was the daughter of Charlie Swan, the chief of police here in Forks. She was nice enough, maybe a little bit awkward, but that added to her charm. We had known each other for a few years, and I would go as far as to say we were close friends. Charlie has been friends with my father since before I was alive, so when we got the opportunity to move, my parents jumped on it.

Bella offered me a ride to school, claiming it was ruff being the new kid, and that everyone was already talking about my arrival. I was grateful to at least know one person to show me around as I was bound to get lost.

"So how long have you been here?" We were almost to the school when I asked this question.

"Oh, only a few weeks. The people are... nice. But it's a bit rainy."

"Still not a fan of the rain?"

She sent me a guilty smile. "Not really. I prefer the sun."

"So do my sisters'. They stayed back in Texas to go to school."

"Oh yeah I forgot your sisters'. How are they?"

"They're fine. Mom and dad waited until they graduated before we moved. They were going to wait for me, but I saw how much they wanted to come back. I love it here too, so that worked out."

"You haven't been back in like two years. Where did you get that internship again?"

Anyone could hear the excitement in my voice when I talked about it. "I've been interning in the summer at the zoo for the last three years. It was like a dream."

Bella's truck made a weird noise as she went to turn down the road that would take us to the school. It was cute, in an old sort of way. The noises scared me a bit, making me think at any moment the truck would break down and my butt would be walking the rest of the way.

"Got a boyfriend back in Texas?" She teased me, knowing that she would be one of the first to know if I did.

I couldn't help the loud laugh that escaped me. "Yeah, as if."