And After Everything I've Done For You!

“I’m telling you Charlie.” Jacob whispered to me as we carried some more boxes of his stuff through the house. “It’s nothing; probably just a little prank that someone thought would be funny.”

“See in a movie I would be the stupid person and agree with you and forget all about it, and then you’d find me a week later chopped up into tiny pieces by a psycho!”

We both placed our boxes down and he grabbed me by my elbows and pulled me close to him. “Charlie, you’re just paranoid.”

“No I’m not!” A small smirk pulled at the corner of his mouth. “What?” I asked.

“Nothing.” He said. Pulling away from him I walked out to the car.

“Nothing my ass.” I muttered under my breath.

“Everything okay down there!?” Mum called from the top of the stairs.

“Yeah.” We both said at the same time.

I brought a couple more boxes of Jacobs’s things in and we were done. He had officially moved in.

“Okay, so we’re going to be gone for two weeks so that’ll make it the 17th that we get back. My bank card is on the side for when you run low on food but that shouldn’t be for a while because I made sure that the cupboards are full. Now ground rules, no parties, no boys, no girls, anything gets broken replace it before we get back and nothing will be said about it. No alcohol, no staying out past midnight, no missing school, and try your best not to annoy each other. Right, i think that’s it.” She turned and looked at Mathew with a nine mile smile on her face. “Let’s go on our honeymoon.” They kissed us on our cheeks and were gone within seconds.

“Yeah, bye.” I whispered to the closed door.

Great, now I’m stuck with Jac-

Great! I’m alone.

Pulling my phone out of my back pocket when I felt it vibrate I answered it.

“Hello.”

“You look beautiful.” Said a deep voice.

“Who is this?” I asked.

“You look beautiful.” The voice said again. My heart started pumping when I realised it was the same words that were written on the note.

“I said who is this!”

“You look beautiful . . . You always do Charlotte.” When the line went dead I stared down at my phone.

“Who was that?” Jacob asked with a drink of soda in his hand.

“Wrong number.” I said, before I placed my phone on the coffee table, sat on the couch and pretended to be interested in the TV.