All The Things She Said

Brittany's POV

I rushed to the hospital, scared to hear the condition of Anna. Deep down inside, I still love her. After I park my car, I burst through the doors and demand to see Kendrick's doctor. He says that they just finished operating on her stomach where the windshield broke and penetrated through her stomach and almost her lung. He shows me to her room, then leaves to give me privacy. "Oh god Anna." I say as I see her body, trapped in a coma even though she's physically there. "This is my fault, I caused this." Pulling up a chair, I sit by her bed, placing my hand on hers. "I just wanted to come to see you. To talk to you. About us. I'm so sorry for what this has led us to." I wipe a stray tear from my cheek, looking down at her, guilt filling my mind. I sigh and stroke her cheek, "All I know is that without you... I'm in serious shit, I feel totally lost. If I'm asking for help it's only because, well, being with you has opened my eyes. Could I ever believe such a perfect surprise? I keep asking myself, wondering how I keep closing my eyes but I can't block you out. I wanna fly to a place where it's just you and me.
Nobody else so we can be free. Even though we broke up, all I think about is all the thing you've said they're running through my head. Things like how much you love me, the sweet nicknames, all of that. I just can't lose you Anna. I love you."
I raise my hands to my head as tears of pain and guilt pour down my face. How could I have been so selfish? This was all because I wouldn't try to work things out. I only have myself to blame.