It's Too Late To Apologize

-Anna's pov-

I couldn't take the suspense of waiting for her to hopefully call back. So I decided to go on a drive to clear my head. Waiting for Britt to call me seems impossible, but it could happen. Right? I gotta stop thinking so much. Once in the car, I place my bag on the passenger seat where Britt once sat and held my hand, singing along to whatever was on the radio even if we didn't know the words.

I'd been on the road driving for an hour it seemed. Driving to where you might ask? I didn't have a clue, I was just going to see where the road would lead me. Where did it lead me? Right outside Brittany's door. What was I thinking? She wouldn't answer if she knew it was me. I drive away with tears in my eyes as the rain starts beating against my windshield. It was getting to the point the windshield wipers weren't as effective as they normally would be. Rain pours down the windshield making a blurry watery film that is impossible to see out of. Suddenly I lose control of the wheel and drive straight into a tree. I look around as the world around me fades to black.

-----------------------

-Brittany's POV-

I look out the window as the rain falls downs, watching the raindrops race down my window of my home. I should call Anna, she needs to know that I'm sorry for how I left without giving her a chance to explain. I walk to get the phone when it suddenly rings. "Hello?" I say as I hold the phone to my ear. "Hello Miss Snow, this is Dr. Tarus from the UCLA Medical Center. Im sorry to inform you, but Anna Kendrick has been in a terrible accident and is in critical condition. She will be undergoing surgery in a few hours."

My heart stopped as I felt the weight of the world on my shoulders come crashing down on me. I couldn't help holding back the tears. "Oh god is she going to be okay?!" I ask in between sobs. "We aren't sure yet ma'am. But immediate family and close friends are allowed to see her. I must go tend a patient. Goodbye." He says then the phone goes dead silent. This can't be happening. This can't be.