Chapter Eight

What is a deadline? Haha.

Alright so here it is, Chapter Eight of An Assassin's Trust! And about a week late. I'm sorry guys, I will be posting 2 chapters either this week or next week to make up for it.

Don't hate the song on the side until you listen to it. ;) I love Drake btw. 

Enjoy!    

  “I can’t believe you forced me into this.” I said, before taking a sip of my glass of water.

      “I didn’t force you into anything, Jade. I merely asked you, you were the one that said yes.” Ellie retorted. She smoothed out her dress underneath the small round table that we were sitting at. I’ve never seen her more nervous than tonight.

      “I said no first, and then you had to bring out that damn pouty face to make me feel guilty.” I sighed. I really didn’t want to be in this restaurant.

      “Well it’s not my fault that you’re a big softy.” She shrugged, and then checked her watch for what seemed like the hundredth time.

      “Whatever, I thought you said these guys were supposed to be here like twenty minutes ago?” I asked again, as you know I am not one to be patient.

      “Yeah, calm your nips. He had to pick his friend up from the train station, they should be here soon.” She replied, and smoothed out her dress once again.

      “My nips are calm. I still can’t believe you got me to go on a blind double date. These things almost never end well, you know?” I pointed out. I didn’t do the whole dating thing much; there was just no time for it. Besides the fact that I pretty much hated people, I was way too focused on my job to have time for shit like that.

Not Ellie though, she managed to lead a very sociable life as well as work, and for tonight had she sucked me into it.

      “Well I don’t know how well it’s going to end for you and your date, but I have already met mine. I’m telling you right now, he is sexy as hell and tonight should definitely end with a bang.” She winked.

      “Is sex all you think about?” I laughed and rolled my eyes.  I looked at the menu in front of me and my stomach gave off a tiny grumble. We decided to wait until the boys got here before we ordered anything; I hadn’t eaten all day and a big part of the reason I came was because of the promised free food.

The aroma from the various dishes around me definitely wasn’t helping; watching the waiter bring food to the other tables was almost like torture. I would know since I’ve actually been tortured before.

      “Well sorry, not all of us got shagged only a week ago.” She said, giving me a smug look.

      “For the last time, nothing happened between Julian and I.” I groaned.