Chapter Twelve

• Dedicated to Judelande Jeune

AHHHHH!! So yes, this is what it looks like, a new chapter! I'm so happy to be back. I was a bit unmotivated after I got done with school, I was enjoying the lazy life haha. But now I'm back and better than ever. So expect new chapters every week ladies and gentlemen, because I will be finishing this beautiful book this summer. :)

I'm really sorry for the wait. I really enjoyed writing this chapter and I hope it has all the action that you action lovers had been craving. Thanks for hanging in there. Love you all. 

Here is Chapter Twelve of An Assassin's Trust! Enjoy!

Standing at the end of the dimly lit hallway was one of our target’s goons. He hadn’t noticed us yet and was busy locking a door in front of him. He wasn’t that big, so he would be an easy take out and of course he was dressed in all black, which tended to be the universal color for all bad guys.

By the looks of the candy bar sticking out of his mouth it was probably some sort of food pantry that he was locking. I don’t really blame him, I wasn’t too big on sharing my food either; I should look into getting a lock for my fridge now that it seems I always have unwanted guests over. Without wasting any more time I walked up to the unsuspecting idiot, who didn’t seem to know how to work a bloody key, and let my presence be known.

      “Are there nuts in that? Because I’m allergic.” I sarcastically asked as he turned to face me.

Before he could respond I knocked him out using my gun, no reason to get bloody for this bloke; especially seeing as he was only really looking for a snack and not trying to kill me. I picked up the key that he dropped and opened the not yet locked door. I dragged the guy and shoved him in the tiny room.

As I peeked inside I realized that it wasn’t a food pantry, but actually a weapons room with a box of candy bars on the top shelf. Wow was I wrong. I quickly closed the door and easily locked it, no longer feeling any pity for the unconscious fellow. It had literally taken me seconds to lock that door, bloody idiot. I slipped the key in my pocket and smiled to myself as I let Ellie lead the way, knowing that this mission would become a whole lot easier if they didn’t have access to their weapons.

      We quietly rounded another corner, hoping not to have an encounter with an additional idiot to slow us down. Looking at my watch, I noticed that we had 8 minutes and 43 seconds to reach our target so we really had to get moving. In order to get to the 3rd floor of this building, without getting caught, we had to locate a secret lift that ran all the way up, right outside the target’s office. The only problem was that the lift didn’t show up on the map since it was later built into the building and not in the original blue prints.

We did know, however, that the lift was located on the west side of the warehouse which held most of the guards.  We were approaching another door that led into a room with air vents that would take us straight to the west part of the building. Ellie easily picked the lock and I walked into what seemed to be another storage room, this time for something much more illegal than guns in my opinion.

Bags and bags of cocaine lined the walls and were stacked in piles reaching the ceiling. There was enough cocaine in that room to replace every snowflake to ever touch the fucking landscape of Russia. I could tell that Ellie was thinking the same thing as she glanced over at me with a ‘what the fuck’ expression placed on her face.

      “The amount of cocaine in here could literally make Whitney Houston and Amy Winehouse roll over in their graves and start singing, may those fabulous women rest in peace though.” Ellie announced, confirming my suspicions. I just chuckled, pulled her further into the room and locked the door.