Chapter 11.

Then the Lord said to Sonic , "I will strike Mario and the land of the Mushroomens with one more blow. After that , Mario will let you leave this country. In fact , he will be so eager to get rid of you that he will force you all to leave. Tell all the Roboens men and women to ask their Mushroomens neighbors for articles of silver and gold." (Now the Lord had caused the Mushroomens to look favorably on the people of Robo Tropolis. And Sonic was considered a very great man in the land of the Mushroom Kingdom , respected by Mario's officials and the Mushroomens people alike.) Sonic had announced to Mario , "This is what the Lord says , at midnight tonight I will pass through the heart of the Mushroom Kingdom. All the firstborn sons will die in every family in the Mushroom Kingdom , from the oldest son of Mario , who sits on his throne , to the oldest son of his lowliest servant girl who grinds the flour. Even the firstborn of all the livestock will die. Then a loud wail will rise throughout the land of the Mushroom Kingdom , a wail like no one has heard before or will ever hear again. But among the Roboens it will be so peaceful that not even a dog will bark. Then you will know that the Lord makes a distinction between the Mushroomens and the Roboens. All the officials of the Mushroom Kingdom will run to me and fall to the ground before me. ' please leave! ' They will beg. 'Hurry! And take all your followers with you.' Only then will I go!" Then , burning with anger , Sonic left Mario. Now the Lord had told Sonic earlier , "Mario will not listen to you , but then I will do even more mighty miracles in the land of the Mushroom Kingdom." Sonic and Manic performed these miracles in Mario's presence , but the Lord hardened Mario's heart , and he wouldn't let the Roboens leave the country.