Chapter 4.

But Sonic protested again "What if they won't believe me or listen to me? What if they say 'the Lord asked him ," "What is that in your hand?" "A jem ," Sonic replied. " Throw it down on the ground ," the Lord told him. So Sonic threw down the jem , and it turned into a snake! Sonic jumped back. Then the Lord told him , "Reach out and grab its tail." So Sonic reached out and grabbed it , and it turned back into a Jem in his hand. "Perform this sign ," the Lord told him. "Then they will believe that the Lord , the God of their ancestors really has appeared to you." Then the Lord said to Sonic "Now put your hand inside your pocket." So Sonic put his hand inside his pocket , and when he took it out again , his hand was white as snow with a severe skin disease. "Now put your hand back into your pocket ," the Lord said. So Sonic put his hand back in , and when he took it out again , it was as healthy as the rest of his body. The Lord said to Sonic , "If they do not believe you and are not convinced by the first sign , they will be convinced by the second sign. And if they don't believe you or listen to you even after these two signs , then take some water from the river and pour it out in the dry ground. When you do , the water from the river will turn to blood on the ground." But Sonic pleaded with the Lord , "Oh Lord I'm not very good with words. I never have been , and I'm not now , even though you have spoken to me. I get tongue - tied , and my words get tangled." Then the Lord asked Sonic , "Who makes a person's mouth? Who decides whether people speak or do not speak , hear or do not hear , see or do not see? Is it not I , the Lord? Now go! I will be with you as you speak , and I will instruct you in what to say." But Sonic again pleaded , " Lord , please send anyone else." Then the Lord became angry with Sonic. "All right ," he said "What about your brother , Manic? I know he speaks well. And look! He is on his way to meet you now. He will be delighted to see you. Talk to him , and put the words in his mouth. I will be with both of you as you speak , and I will instruct you both in what to do. Manic will be your mouthpiece , and you will stand in the place of God for him , telling him what to say. And take your jem with you , and use it to perform the signs I have shown you." So Sonic went back home to Tails , his father - in - law. "Please let me return to my relatives in Mushroom Kingdom ," Sonic said. "I don't even know if they are still alive." "Go in peace ," Tails replied. Before Sonic left Robo Tropolis , the Lord said to him , "Return to the Mushroom Kingdom , for all those who wanted to kill you have died." So Sonic took Amy and his son Marine , put them on a donkey , and headed back to the land of the Mushroom Kingdom. In his hand he carried the jem. And the Lord told Sonic , "When you arrive back in the Mushroom Kingdom , go to Mario and perform all the signs I have empowered you to do. But I will harden his heart so he will refuse to let the people go. Then you will tell him , 'this is what the Lord says , Roboens is my firstborn son. I commanded you , let my son go , so he can worship me." But since you have refused , I will now kill your firstborn son!" On the way to the Mushroom Kingdom , at a place where Sonic and his family had stopped for the night , the Lord confronted him and was about to kill him. But Amy took a flint knife and circumcised her son. She touched his feet with the foreskin and said , "Now you are a bridegroom of blood to me." (When she said "a bridegroom of blood ," she was referring to the circumcision.) After that , the Lord left him alone. Now the Lord had said to Manic "Go out into the wilderness to meet Sonic ," So Manic went and met Sonic at the mountain of God , and he embraced him. Sonic then told Manic everything the Lord had commanded him to say. And he told him about the signs the Lord had commanded him to perform. Then Sonic and Manic returned to the Mushroom Kingdom and called all the elders of Robo Tropolis together. Manic told them everything the Lord had told Sonic , and Sonic performed the signs as they watched. Then the people of Robo Tropolis were convinced that the Lord had sent Sonic and Manic. When they heard that the Lord was concerned about them and had seen their misery , they bowed and worshiped.