Chapter 7.

Then the Lord said to Sonic , "Pay close attention to this. I will make you seem like God to Mario , and your brother , Manic , will be your prophet. Tell Manic everything I command you , and Manic must command Mario to let the people of Robo Tropolis to leave his country. But I will make Mario's heart stubborn so I can multiply my miraculous signs and wonders in the land of the Mushroom Kingdom. Even then Mario will refuse to listen to you. So I will bring down my fist on the Mushroom Kingdom. Then I will rescue my forces - my people , the Roboens - from the land of the Mushroom Kingdom with great acts of judgment. When I raise my powerful hand and bring out the Roboens , the Mushroomens will know that I am the Lord." So Sonic and Manic did just as the Lord had commanded them. Sonic was eighty years old , and Manic was eighty - three when they made their demands to Mario. Then the Lord said to Sonic and Manic ,

" Mario will demand , 'show me a miracle.' When he does this , say to Manic , ' take your jem and throw it down in front of Mario and it will become serpent." So Sonic and Manic went to Mario and did what the Lord had commanded them. Manic threw down his jem before Mario and his officials , and it become a serpent! Then Mario called in his own wise men and sorcerers , and these Mushroomens magicians did the same thing with their  magic. They threw down their chaos emearlds , which also became serpents! But then Manic's jem swallowed up their chaos emearlds. Mario's heart , however , remained hard. He still refused to listen , just as the Lord had predicted.                                                       

    Then the Lord said to Sonic , "Mario's heart is stubborn , and he still refuses to let the people go. So go to Mario in the morning as he goes down to the river. Stand on the bank of the river and meet him there. Be sure to take along the jem that turned into a snake. Then announce to him , ' the Lord , the God of the Roboens , has sent me to tell you , " let my people go , so they can worship me in the wilderness." Until now , you have refused to listen to him. So this is what the Lord says "Iwill show you that I am the Lord." Look! I will strike the water of the river with the , jem in my hand , and  the river will turn to blood. The fish in it will die, and the river will stink. The Mushroomens will not be able to drink any water from the river." Then the Lord said to Sonic " Tell Manic , ' take your jem and raise your hand over the waters of Mushroomens - all its rivers , canals , ponds , and all the reservoirs. Turn all the water to blood. Everywhere in the Mushroom Kingdom , the water will turn to blood , even the water stored in wooden bowls and stone pots. " So Sonic and Manic did just as the Lord commanded them. As Mario and all of his officials watched , Manic raised his jem and struck the water of the river. Suddenly , the whole river turned to blood! The fish in the river died , and the water became so foul that the Mushroomens couldn't drink it. There was blood everywhere throughout the land of the Mushroom Kingdom. But again the magicians of the Mushroom Kingdom used their magic , and they too , turned water into blood. So Mario's heart remained hard. He refused to listen to Sonic and Manic , just as the Lord had predicted. Mario returned to his place and put the whole thing out of his mind. Then all the Mushroomens dug along the riverbank to find drinking water , for they couldn't drink the water from the river. Seven days passed from the time the Lord struck the river.