Riverwood Under Lights

This fanfiction is brought to you by @bandoms_pit  

Holy Moly, you were all up in my notifications last time I checked. Thanks for all of your support on my Markiplier fanfiction Completely Off My Rocker! It's much appreciated. 

Now, the story continues...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asmiir's P.O.V.

"Fancy meeting you here, Lass."

"Aww, Bryn, you were worried about me. How sweet."

              I swirled the mead in my tin cup as Brynjolf slid onto the stool next to mine, hood pulled over his head until he ordered a honey nut treat. His eyes seemed as bright as his smile was cheery, and the flickering light from the fire in the middle of the room made his hair look like a flame. I smiled, "What are you really doing here, Brynjolf." I drained my cup, turning my body slightly towards his. 

             He didn't answer me for a long while; I attributed it to how close and in earshot that the barmaid, Saadia I think was her name, was. After she'd left space between us, Brynjolf leaned in close, "Special numbers assignment, lass. That's all there is to it." he shot me a sly smile, but I could see in those green orbs of his that that was, in fact, not all there was to it. 

              "I thought we were family, Bryn," I sighed, focusing my attention around the bar. 

              "And we are, Lass. More so than anyone else in the Guild, I think."

              I remained quiet; what an odd thing to say to someone who only recently joined the Guild. I shook my head of the thought and, without looking at him, smiled. "Were you that worried about me, then?"

                I heard him chuckle quietly, but not saying anything more. 
                I rolled my eyes and averted my attention to the far window, where Uthegerd the Unbroken was sitting, staring at me violently, most likely upset about our brawl and the 100 gold pieces sitting in my coin purse. Through the window, I could see that the stars were out, particularly the constellation of the Alchemist. Everyone knew that if there was any a time to travel, it was during the sign of the alchemist; it was mostly just speculation, but it seemed safer to travel under the signs not particularly ending with the death of one or more people involved. 

                So I'd travel to Falkreath and talk to the Jarl. "I suppose I should leave you to your work then," I pushed my stool back, dropping the appropriate amount of gold onto the bar and giving Brynjolf a smile of departure. "I assume Maven would like word of what's happened here."

"So you're going to Riften, then?"

"Yes."

No. the voice laughed. 

                Brynjolf let out a loud laugh that attracted the unwanted attention of some of the patrons. He didn't seem to mind much, and turned his face towards my own. "Then allow me to go with you. We can travel by horseback to Riverwood, spend a day there, and then ride the rest of the way."

"That's quite alright, I'll be fin--" I started with wide eyes.

"I insist." he insisted. "I'll be right back."

                 I stood there, dumbfounded as to what had just happened. I tried to regain my composure and pick up my bow, but found Brynjolf by my side as soon as my hand touched the door knob. I pretended not to notice Saadia in the room adjacent to the main area, leaning and breathing heavily as she touched her lips. "That was fast."