A Change of Pace

This fanfic is brought to you by Faded_Monochrome

I see you boo! Welcome to the Misadventures family!

Now, the story continues...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asmiir's P.O.V.

Two Weeks Before

I was no longer clean.

Ever since those two incidents with Brynjolf in both Riften and Winterhod, all I could see was valuables just begging to be taken and coin purses that wanted me as their new owner. And Whiterun being such a prominent place of wealth made my itch even worse; so much worse, that I now didn't even think about why I wanted to leave Hammerfell. I even called myself silly for leaving The Snea--

I stopped walking. No, that wasn't silly, it was called for.

I circled the marketplace, surveying the area. It was a bright and sunny day, and Carlotta had just gotten a fresh batch of fruits and vegetables set up in her stall, which meant that the house of clan Battle-Born were carrying a lot of extra coin as they sneered at Frailia's stall. I smiled wide; only people who wanted to be robbed tied their coin purse and put it in the back of their tunics.

"Good day to be Battle-Born, isn't it?" I called to Idolaf Battle-Born. As I sashayed over to him, I noticed his slight blush once he caught sight of me. "The truest name in all of Whiterun, as true as the Legion is to Nord life." I smiled again. His eyes ran over my full body, and I struggled to hide the shiver over my skin. "So it is," He replied, his eyes finally resting on my face. "You know of it?"
"Well who wouldn't?" I giggled a silly, girly giggle. This was a disgusting act, but the amount of coin he was carrying would go to a good cause. "Clan Battle-Born is such a noble name, and you, Idolaf, the most noble of them." I laid it on thick, growing closer to him by the second. The same goofy grin that was the sign that my prey had been trapped appeared on his face as I reached my hand around his form and snatched his coin purse. Heavy thing, too.
I sighed on the inside in pleasure after I had made sure that the guard had not seen me. "Well, I must be going." I said sweetly, turning my back. "Perhaps you will see me some other time?" I threw him a seductive glance over my shoulder, sauntering off, fondling his coin purse in my pocket with a smirk.

What had happened to me? Not even weeks ago was it that I had a "holier than thou" attitude about stealing, and here I was, doing the very thing and smiling about how successful I was.
I hesitantly stood in front of Breezehome, a residence filed under the name Ravenna Hirane who happened to share my face. I fingered the key in my pocket a little bit longer before reluctantly plunging it into the lock and heading inside.
Once I closed the door and locked it up tight, I turned around and faced all the wares that had come into my possession. A fortune sat in the sitting area alone, enough to even leave Skyrim...

"You had better not." The voice stated.

"I figured you would be opposed," I laughed, throwing Idolaf's purse on the table. For the first time, the voice inside me seemed to consider my words. "If you get caught theiving, no one will be able to vouch for you in this land." It said slowly.
I scoffed. "So, what, do you want me to find a partner?" I asked into the emptiness of the home.
"The Thieves Guild could provide the means..." was it's slow and steady response. I scoffed again, in disgust, as I threw down a piece of cheese I'd been eating. "Absolutely not!" I yelled.
"And why is that?"
"Because...well, because..."
"Because it is dishonorable?" The voice laughed mockingly now. "Look around you, little Asmiir. Honor doesn't hold much weight here."