The Beginning of Something (Partially) Good

This fanfic is brought to you by @Saggypotatochip

Thanks so much for following, and welcome to the Misadventures family!

Now, the story continues...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asmiir's P.O.V.

9 Years Ago

"Once you're in, you're in for life,"

"...I understand and accept the terms of this agreement."

It had been a long time since I'd had a family, but it seemed that I might finally have one, even if they...no... we were a bunch of criminals.
     "Then we welcome you with open arms, Sister," Zira said. I smiled on the inside; her voice was warm, soft and golden, almost as honeyed as my words. "Welcome to The Sneak."
     Zira was tall, and brown skinned like most of the people in my new family, but she had golden eyes that were as sharp as the Khajit she talked about in her stories. Nothing ever got done without her approval, and nothing ever got past her. She was pretty, my long-time hero, and now, she was my foster sister and my leader. I smiled; I was part of something much bigger than myself now. 

"Are you coming, Asmiir?"

"Yes, Sister."

      I followed her through an underground passage that seemed to stretch on for miles. Above, I could hear the sound of the bustling port city, Abah's Landing, as we made our way through the tunnel. The smells of fish and outside meats and vegetables lingered in my nose longer than I'd have liked, but I pressed on anyway, keeping Zira in my sights so that I would not lose her. 

     We came upon a wide space in the tunnel where a single door stood, guarded by two large Redguard men. My people. My new brothers. "Welcome home, Zira," they said in unison. Zira held four fingers over the part of her chest where her heart was: the sign of The Sneak. The two men did the same in response, their eyes found their way over to me, giving me a once over and a small smile. "Welcome home, new Sister." they said. I responded with four fingers over my heart as well as they opened the wooden door and allowed us entry.

This was what dreams were made of. 

      Well, not the dreams of nobles and decent folk; no, they dreamt of gold and power and glorious war. But the dreams of thieves. They were filled with theft and secrecy and the legendary organization that specialized in both: The Sneak. 
     The Sneak was well known all over Hammerfell for its mastery of pickpocketing, burglary, forgery, and making people look very, very guilty. It's known to all of the country that it's very hard to find and contact them for their...services, but it's even harder to become a part of the organization. They only accepted the best and brightest thieves, and now, after a series of incredibly difficult task, I too had become a member of their family. 

      The room behind the door was large and daunting, with flags embellished with the family's insignia--four fingers over the heart--and a beyond large chandelier illuminating the room. Tiny lanterns dotted the entirety of the room, making it more visible. Across from us, there was an elaborate bar and several tables decorated with candles and plates. Zira beckoned for me to follow her past the tables, and down a long corridor that was dotted with doors on both sides. She took out a copper key and opened one, dropping the key in my pocket. "This is where you will sleep; be sure not to lose that key, yes?" she smiled. 

      I looked around; the room was lush, with two beds and full sized wardrobes. At the end of each bed was a chest that had a key on top of it. I felt my eyebrow furrow, "There are two beds?" I asked.