A Not-So-Chance Arrangement

This fanfic is brought to you by One_Punch_Man_Fanboy

Thanks so much for following, and welcome to the Misadventures Family!

Now, the story continues...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brynjolf's P.O.V.

A hid behind a large rock before the saber cat could spot me.

     Muttering a few curses, I commanded my nerves to make themselves useful and help me figure out what I would do. 

     I slowly peered around the rock I was cowaring behind; it seemed so docile and waiting, as if calmed by a force much beyond me. However, taking a chance with the gods was not something I was tempted to do, so I snuck around past it, hoping that it wouldn't spot me. The gods were kind to me.

     I groaned; Vex had given me a burglary job in Winterhold, a place that was over-snowed and where I didn't particularly want to go. 

     "Stop being a big baby about it," Vex scoffed at my reluctance. "It's just snow, and you're a Nord. Go get the goods and get back to Riften; I've got more jobs for you to do."

     Of course I wanted to help the Guild back on its feet, but being so far from home and out in the cold was less than pleasant. 

     I finally reached the entrance of Winterhold, shivering, wishing that my hair was thicker to cover my head with more warmth. Surveying the area, I deduced that the Frozen Hearth Inn was to my right, the Jarl's longhouse to my left, and further down was Birna's Oddments, where I would be lifting quite a pricey silver ring off of her hands. The job would be much easier if there were two people; one to distract Birna, and another to actually lift the ring without getting caught. The more I thought about the job, standing there in the cold, the more I thought about her

     I shook my head, approaching the inn; first I would rest, and then I would worry about details.

     Closing the door behind me and shaking the snow from my clothes as I entered, I smiled at the innkeeper and approached the counter. "Can I have a room please?" I asked. 

     "Absolutely! I'll show you; right this way." he said, smiling and leading me to a room. Inside was a cushioned bed next to an end table, complete with a small table and several chairs. "Let me know if you need anything," the innkeeper said, waving as he once again approached the bar counter. I sighed at the warmth and set my bag down, flopping down on a chair and not bothering to close the door. Maybe the job could even wait until tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asmiir's P.O.V.

     I heard footsteps outside of the door to the room that I'd been renting, assuming that Dagur was leading another guest to their room. 

     Taking another long look at the note that I held in my hand, I sighed angrily; so now people were contacting more thugs to come after me and 'teach me a lesson' about asking too many questions. Perhaps it was none of my business, but that was beside the point. Angry people were sending more angry people after me, and that was a concern: I would have to cover my tracks more carefully. 

But first, food and supplies first.

     I turned the knob on my door and opened it, my ears catching the sound of another door doing the same. I ignored it unconsciously, closing my door behind me.