C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N

“Chris,” I nudge the boy literally sleeping over my legs hard with my elbow. “I need to pee.”

He moves slightly, and then whines, “But I’m comfy.”

“Well I’m not. So move your fat lumpiness and go see if your dad needs help or something. I need to pee.”

“But today’s my day with you,” Chris sits up, finally. “Not with my dad.”

I smile, “Right now, my days been planned with the toilet, sorry.”

“That’s not fair.” He pauses. “I haven’t had an Ellie day for ages, that stupid mate of yours is always stealing you away; or Kat. It’s time for some Chris loving.”

“I love you, Chris.” I reply.

“I know, I know. And you’re not skipping breakfast today; I refuse to let you miss one more meal.”

I wince, not realising I’ve really done so, and say, “Okay.”

I watch as he stands up, and makes his way over towards the door. I don’t speak, as he glances at me one final time, and then leaves. Standing up too, I make my way towards the door, pulling down my pyjama top where it’s half showing my blown up stomach. Last night with Kieran and Kris didn’t half wear me out. But also, it got me thinking about Kieran’s arrival, and how unexpected it really was. And right after the hunters show up, too.

“Ellie,” Kat’s running down the hallway, heading straight for me. “Ellie, there’s someone at the door for you.”

“If it’s Gabriel Hale-“

She smiles, “It’s not. He’s really hot, and he has the most amazing voice, and he’s so tall I feel like a midget and he was asking for you. Only he smells off. I think he’s from the Hale’s pack.”

“Did he give you a name?”

Kat taps her finger on her chin, and then unsure of her answer, says, “I think it started with a K.”

“Alright,”

I head down the stairs, and towards the front door. It’s wide open, but there’s no one stood there, and I wonder why. That is until I see Chris in the front yard, and a figure I recognise almost suddenly as Kristen, standing practically chest to chest, obviously trying to intimidate each other. Some people might think it normal, but I think it completely stupid. I step out of the door frame, and head down the drive, towards the patch of grass they’re stood on.

“Ellie,” Chris doesn’t even turn to look at me. “Go back into the house.”

I stare at the back of his head, wondering when he all of a sudden got the right to boss me around. “No.”

“I mean it,” He pauses, and Kris growls. “Go back.”

This time I completely ignore him though, and instead address the other boy stood there. “Was there something you wanted Kris?”