Because of girl code

After coming home to the beach house a lot had happened Kortni got a restraining order on Logan, the boys beat his ass, Candance and Gator are done, oh and Gus and Nilsa finally had hunched. Oh and how could I forget Gus hunched someone else the next day. So to put it simply there was some tension between Gus and Nilsa. All the roommates knew that Nilsa was most likely upset about it.

But tonight was pretty uneventful, Nilsa and Aimee went out for a girls night and the rest of the roommates went out together. "I'm not in the mood for that tonight." Gus says as we enter the house, looking outside to the pool were Aimee and Nilsa were 'surfing' and drinking plenty of champagne.

I quickly made my way upstairs to get changed into more comfortable clothing, while majority of the roommates went to the pool. I was pretty tipsy to say the least and wasn't in the mood to hang out with everyone else.

As I sat by myself I let my lonely drunk thoughts take over and they lead me straight to Gus. There had been so much going on recently that I hadn't even let myself figure out if I had feelings for him.

But even if I did my chances were probably ruined because of the infamous girl code. I could be anything Gus because of Nilsa: A) he was basically her property according to her and B) All the girls would hate me. That was like rule number one in girl code not dating your friends ex... or whatever Gus and Nilsa were to each other. And because of that I felt any hope for the feelings I guess I had for him were gone. The worst about that was I never even got to understand my feelings for him, we could never be anything because of girl code.

I could hear the shouts and laughing from the pool outside, I got up slowly feeling a sudden urge for water. Going downstairs and getting a glass and making my way up the stairs. "Hey Vannah," Gus says as he makes his way out of the bathroom.

"Hi Gus," I say taking a sip of my water and then walking towards my room. I hadn't realized that Gus followed me in there. I was still in some sort of haze from all the alcohol I had consumed that night. He stood in the door way while I laid down in my bed. "What's wrong Gus?"

"Nothing," he says shaking his head but I knew him well enough to know that there was something wrong. "Come here," I say patting the bed motioning him to sit down next to me. He made his way over and sat down. "No tell me what's wrong."

"I don't know Savannah," Gus says running his hand through his hair. "I'm just scared I made a mistake hooking up with Nilsa."

"Well I don't mean to say I told you so but..." I say laughing which made Gus smile. "There's nothing you can do now about it. Just let her know how you feel and then just be open with her. You can't change or take back what you did so you just have to hope for the best and just be honest," I say. I always tried to be honest with Gus he was one my best friends and as much as I wished he didn't hunch Nilsa he did. So now there is nothing I could do to change that.

"Thanks Savannah," He says wrapping his arm around my shoulders pulling me into his side.

"No problem Gus Gus," I say cuddling into him. I looked up at him and saw that his eyes were closed probably drifting off into sleep. "You can sleep here if you want," I whisper to him. He opened his eyes at the sound of my voice. He just tiredly nodded his head and we both got under the covers and cuddled.

We laid both facing each other very close too each other, "Goodnight Vannah," he says moving closer to me to kiss me on the forehead. But he stayed that close, I opened my eyes to see he was looking at me, "Goodnight Gus," I whisper back. I could see his eyes travel down to my lips while I spoke, which made my eyes travel down to his without thinking about it. We both laid there no movement except our eyes, which traced each other faces. Until Gus moved a little closer then he already was, which made my stomach fill with butterflies. Both our eyes mimicked each others slowly going down to his lips. Until Gus moved in for a kiss and I was accepting of his action. His lips softly pressed on mine and I kissed him back. It was a long kiss I could tell we were both taking in the moment. Once the kiss was over Gus kissed me again quickly, "Good night Savannah." He says again.

By then I tried my best not to smile like an idiot, my stomach filled with even more butterflies. I closed my eyes and cuddled into Gus as we both got comfortable to sleep. Maybe be it was the alcohol still in Gus's system that lead him to kiss me and maybe it was the alcohol still in mine that lead me to allow this to happen. But to say the least I enjoyed it very much.

But suddenly my happy and innocent butterflies changed to guilt and worry. Oh no I definitely just broke girl code