Goodbye

Point of View: Mika Sasaki

Click. With the bathroom door locked, I started pulling apart the bandages, tossing them away. I found my reflection in a mirror, running my fingertips between my breasts; there was no wound, not even a scar.

"I don't hear running water, you wouldn't be trying to escape out the window, would you?"

Aidou said from outside the bathroom and I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"Must you listen while I try to take a bath?"

I scoffed, undressing myself and starting the bath.

Think. Think. Think. How can I get past Aidou? I sunk down into the clawfoot style bathtub, until I was underwater. I thought about when Zero and I were in the barn and he nearly relapsed; he had no control and he almost killed me. But somehow I was able to stop him.. if only I could do the same thing to Aidou and put him to sleep. Coming up from under the hot water, I crossed my arms over the edge of the tub and laid my chin against them, looking around the bathroom, noticing a large wardrobe closet. But what if I fail, what would Aidou do to me? I had to at least try, I can't stay here. It's only been, what, a little over a week? Maybe longer? I don't really know how long I was out but in the little time I was here, one person died, Zero was injured and I've been very problematic to the Chairman and Kaname. My mind was made up, I was leaving.

Finishing up with my bath, I rung out my hair and quietly climbed out. I needed to be quick, or Aidou was going to check on me. Picking up the white uniform the Chairman gave me I sighed, sadness overwhelming me. After this, I swear, I was done running away. I wanted a home. Laying the uniform back on the counter, I spun around to the closet, opening the doors and snatching the first thing I could find off its hanger. It was another kimono dress; heather grey in color and made of soft silk, but this one stayed above my ankles.

"It's about time."

Aidou said, sighing as I opened the bathroom door. He started to walk back in the direction we came from and I reached out to him.

"Wait, Aidou.."

He turned halfway, shrugging his shoulders.

"What is it?"

I can't believe I'm saying this. I bit my lip, my eyes clammed shut.

"I've been thinking! You said I should..offer Kaname my blood but..I'm scared, does it hurt?"

I refused to look up, but I could tell he was in awe, by the brief moment of silence that followed.

"Can you..show me what it feels like..so I'm ready?"

I blushed, glancing up to find his widened, blue eyes beating down at me and his face was flushed too. This was my chance!

Cupping the blonde vampire's face, I felt my eyes flicker red. Aidou grabbed both my wrists, summoning his ice around my ankles, but as his ice shot up my torso, his eyes became heavy and the ice began to withdrawal. Frost dispersed from his body and was sucked into mine, like I was stealing his power. I gasped, forcing my hands off of Aidou, catching him as he fell to the floor.

"Please forgive me, Aidou.."

I whispered, my breath frosty. I wonder..
Laying my hands on Aidou's chest, ice swallowed his unconscious body, trapping him in a cocoon. In awe, I stared down at my hands. I could..control Aidou's power now? But for how long? Was this all because of Kaname's power..?