Chapter 14: Everything Changes

After the helicopter ride, I was taken back home to England, but not in London. I had to take several plane rides to get back home, since I was practically at the coastal line of England and Ireland. Chris can be such an idiot.

The entire time I thought of Shawn and my father. The two most important men that came into my life. Shawn was happy with Jasmine, and she was happy with him. They both got their dreams. They both got what they wanted. I ended up with nothing. When in my life has it ever gone right?!

After the many planes, I took a taxi to drive me home and I gave him Chris' number where the driver had to call to pick up the money. I ran inside my home and went straight into my father's room, where he looked sickly pale and was about to give out. I gasped as I rushed to his side.

"Father!" I shouted as I tried to shake him awake. I put my hand against his forehead and tried to feel for any heat. "No, don't die on me! Don't die on me here! Not now!" I began to cry as tears fled down my face like a waterfall.

Waterfalls. . . That's where Shawn took me and I saw the beautiful sight of it. Shawn. . . He's happy. He doesn't want me. He wants Jasmine. They have each other and they both succeed.

I, on the other hand got nothing but cash of zero and failed to make my father live. I failed to be a good daughter. I still never got into a relationship. Shawn never once excepted me as his girlfriend. I'll never be able to experience anything I life.

More tears rushed my face. My father is dead. And this is all my fault. If I won, this wouldn't have happened and he would get to live. But instead, I get nothing but a sorrowful death! My heart is broken into so many pieces.

The people I cared for. . . They left me here all alone to live in such a cruel world. By myself. What can I say? Everyone I ever cared for has exited my life which have left me with nothing. How will I live like this? I will only mourn after the death of my father and cry myself to sleep every night for my losses.

Why did it have to end this way? Why do I win nothing? What have I done to deserve this? Shawn wins the million and gets the girl, which isn't me. He said he didn't even like her! Was it all a lie?! Well, that's what it seems like. My life is forever ruined by the death of my father and the loss of Shawn, as well as my father.

No, I can't cry like this. This is not how my father would've wanted me to behave. I still have to do something. I can't just give up! Yet, what is there to fight for? There's nothing to win. . . There's nothing more treasurable to hold as value in my life. I already lost them, and they can never be retrieved.

I might as well just end it all here. There's nothing more precious to me than my father and Shawn. They were important to me as nothing else mattered anymore. Nothing ever did. My father was the main goal that I had to reach in order to save him, and within that, I failed so hard that everything shattered. Like a broken heart that can never be mended.

Then, I heard the telephone ring. I got up slowly and picked up the phone that was at my father's bedside.

"Hello?" I said into the phone as my voice came out cracked.

"Yes, this is the president of the music industry, Universal. May I speak to Ryan Welder?" A male's voice asked. A music industry? What could they possibly want me for?

"This is she," I said.

"Oh, then that's good. I'm here to ask you if you would like to consider in being a singer for our company? We've seen you on Total Drama, and would love to have you be apart in it. You would make a lot of money, and more than a million than what McLean has to offer. You would be famous. Would you like to?" The man asked again.