Chapter 6: I. Hate. Max.

I woke up the next morning and quickly changed into my normal clothes. I got down from my hammock and onto the tree house. Jasmine came down after me.

"Good morning, Ryan. How are you holding up?" Jasmine asked.

"Fine, I suppose. But I did find a bruise on my stomach. Nasty. Let's just hope the challenge isn't brutal like the last." I said.

"Oh, yeah. Got to let it heal." She said with a smile.

"So, what about you and Shawn? You two friends again?" I asked. She glared.

"No, and don't speak of his name ever again!" Jasmine shouted. Why is she still mad?

"Jazz, let me tell you something. He thought you were a zombie, and so he wasn't thinking clearly. I know you were going easy on him, but please, don't get worked up on it. Don't be angry." I said.

"What?! It's his fault! His! And why do you care? He's not on our team!" Jasmine shouted and stormed of. I only sighed and jumped if the tree house to the ground. I went to go follow her but I was stopped by the intercom.

"Hey, teens! Proceed to the meeting area. It's time for me to laugh at your pain." Chris said. I walked to the meeting area and sat down right beside Jasmine.

"Are you angry at me?" I asked. She sighed hesitantly and gave me a smile.

"I thought about what you said and I guess you're right. I'm not mad at you, Ryan. You're my friend. Shawn, on the other hand. . ." Jasmine didn't continue speaking after Shawn.

"Something's weird with this island. Those trees were closer yesterday. And that mountain wasn't there before." Jasmine said. I took notice of it too. She didn't realize that before?

"And I am 100% sure you a few koalas short of a swarm," Chris glared at her.

"A swarm of koalas?" Jasmine and I said confused.

"No, really. Something's not --" Jasmine was interrupted by Shawn.

"Jasmine! Ryan!" Shawn yelled. "I need to tell you how I feel!" Shawn came up to us with yellow flowers in his hands. Uh, what? What's with the flowers?

"Me first!" Jasmine shouted and swatted the flowers to the ground. "I want you to stay away from Ryan and me! We clear?" I picked up the flower and looked at it curiously. Is Shawn admitting his feelings to Jasmine and I? Is he trying to make up for what happened yesterday?

Shawn gulped in fear of Jasmine. "Good." Jasmine said. Why did he bring flowers?

"Jasmine, I think you should --" I started, but she cut me off.

"No! After what he did, you don't care?! Why are you defending him?!" Jasmine yelled.

"What? Of course I care. And of course I'm defending him. You two are my friends, and I don't want you two to fight. It's the game, Jasmine. He had to do what was right for his team. That's how the game worked." I said.

"Thank you for making that clear, Ryan. Now all of you, shut it!" Chris said annoyed. Jasmine sat down and crossed her arms and didn't bother to look at me. Oh dear.

*" I made her mad at me. Now she definitely doesn't want to be my friend. She mumbled something about "me liking Shawn" but I couldn't comprehend what all she said. I'm so lost here. . ."*

"I'm giving Ella and Dave one more minute, then they're cannon food." Chris said.

"Hey, while we're waiting, you and me can have a host off!" Topher said.