Hypothetically trivial titles.

Picture of Zane is to the right. :)

****

Chapter 4

Jason walked into the gym, pulling on his gloves and going over to a punching bag. He dropped his workout bag and started hitting and kicking the bag.

Zane appeared from somewhere and stood a few feet away from the bag, watching his best friend. “Something’s got you worked up, what’s wrong?” he asked. When Jason turned and looked at him, Zane knew. “Ah, girl troubles?”

“This isn’t funny.”

“One, I wasn’t laughing and Two, you need to chill the fuck out before you take a swing at me and I drop you flat on your ass bro.”

Jason stared at him for about 2 minutes and then nodded, looking at the floor. “She’s wants me to quit fighting,” he told him.

Zane looked at him, hoping he had heard wrong. “She what?” he asked.

“Judging by the look on your face, you heard what I said loud and clear.”

“Come on dude, you can’t quit fighting now. This is what we do. We’ve been doing this since 7th grade.”

“I really like her Zane. I don’t want to lose her over something like fighting. I feel like someone is waving a Linkin Park concert ticket on my right and an Avenged Sevenfold concert ticket on my left. It’s really hard to choose between the two.”

“Then don’t. Tell Twiggy that it’s life and you’ll make your own decisions. Fighting is something you love doing and if she can’t understand that, then she’s not worth it.”

Jason looked at him and started laughing. “Look at Mr. One-night stand giving me dating advice.”

Zane scowled at him. “When I have a girlfriend, I’m a great guy. I choose not to be dedicated because it’s to tempting to be with all those females at our fights,” he smirked, wagging his eyebrows.

Jason laughed. “That’s probably what Alex is worried about,” he said.

“Come on man, forget about the perox-”

“You call her a peroxide bimbo whore again, me and you will have a brawl and it won’t be for practice,” Jason warned him.

Zane smiled. “I’ve probably used more hair color than she has.” He admitted, running his hand over his platinum blonde and orange spiked hair sheepishly.

* * *

Alex looked at Janie. “You heard everything, didn’t you?” she asked her friend after a while.

Janie bit her lip and nodded at her. “Yeah,” she admitted.

“I should’ve known; you were being too quiet.”

Janie laughed lightly and nodded in agreement. “Alex, he’s going to fight, that’s what he does. He loves it and you can’t make him give up something that he loves,” Janie told her, her brows furrowing.

“I know that Janie. I know he can take care of himself out there; he’s an amazing fighter. It’s just… those girls, Janie; they won’t care if he has a girl at home or not. And it bothers me to know that if he gets too wrapped up into, he won’t care about it either. He’s been fighting for so long and doing the same routine: he wins a fight, he gets a girl, and he has his one-night with her. I don’t want to be that girl that gets screwed over because some slut is too tempting.”