Boys like fighting, who knew?

Dedicated to OminousNerd because I love her work on 'I'm A Delinquent? Since When?'. I love your story, keep writng. :)

Picture of Jason to the right. :)

****

Chapter 3

Alex clung to Jason as they kissed, only pulling away when a car horn went off. Alex jumped back from Jason and looked at the white Honda Accord that was pulling up. “Ugh, what is he doing here?” Alex asked, locking her Mercedes from her spot next to Jason.

“Don’t bother locking your little Mercedes. I’m not going to steal anything out of it,” Zane said, sarcasm dripping from every word.

“I’m not worried about you stealing what in the car as much as the car itself.”

“You’re learning.”

“Can’t you just leave?” Alex snapped.

“I was getting ready to do just that. Let’s go man, we’re going to late,” Zane said, leaning against Jason’s car.

“I’ll see you later,” Jason told her, kissing her softly and then pulling away to look at her.

Alex bit her lip softly and frowned. “You’re leaving?” disappointment clear in her words.

“Yeah, he’s coming with me so suck it up Twiggy and go inside to paint your nails or something,” Zane butted in.

“Who are you calling Twiggy, you pot smoking waste-of-space?” Alex snapped at him with an adorable, innocent smile on her face.

“Oh, I’m a waste-of-space, you perox-”

“Shut up Zane,” Jason laughed softly at their squabble, but cleared it when he turned to Alex again. “I’ll be back around 10. Want to go out for a late night snack?”

“I won’t be here. I have to leave at eight to meet someone. I’ll just see you when I do,” she told him, turning and walking into the house.

As soon as Alex closed the door, Janie was in front of her. “And where do you have to be at eight?” Janie questioned

“You were listening?”

“Of course I was. You don’t tell me the juicy stuff.”

Alex rolled her eyes. “I have to meet a friend to talk to her, well that and because I want him to think I have better plans that I can’t cancel. Truth is, I want to be here so bad to go out with him, but I don’t want to seem desperate. And at least this way I won’t have to see Zane tonight.”

“That boy has had one to many hits to the head,” Janie laughed.

Alex nodded in agreement. “We can hang out for the next hour, but then I have to leave,” Alex said, walking with her best friend into the kitchen for food.

* * *

Everything was calm for the next few days, Alex avoided Janie’s house so she didn’t have to see Jason right away. When she finally showed up at their house, she knocked hesitantly on the door and waited for an answer.

Jason opened the door and leaned against it. “Wow, finally decided to show up?” he asked her.

Alex rolled her eyes with a smile. “I had to meet with someone over the past few days. I’m free now,” she said to him. “Can I come in?”

Jason nodded, confused. “Who were you meeting?” he pried.

Alex looked up at him. “I had a doctor’s appointment the day before yesterday and then I had a meeting with some financial advisors yesterday morning. I was stuck in their office all day,” she told him.