Prince of Knights Chp6

First of all, EID MUBARAK EVERYONE, Insha'Allah this Eid will be blessed and you guys will have lots of fun.

_________________________________________________

~*~*Yesterday is but today's memory, and tomorrow is today's dream.~*~*Khalil Gibran

"You must get up ya Raghad, they have been here for a while now," Badr gently tugged on her quilt.

"I do not wish to," she spat, turned her face from her brother. Badr stood there agitated, he knew if Raghad were to oppose and set her mind, not even the unsurpassable men on earth could alter her mind, only Allah could.

She was just like their father.

Badr pursed his lips and peered down at his prepossessing sister; her hair curtained the pillow and covered the side of her creamy skin. "Raghad, I wish to annihilate the man who has taken your hand but that would cause my brother's life and blood will downpour on both tribes," he leaned down," Ya Raghad habibti, I will be by your side till the day I die. When you depart from this house and if he harmed you by Allah...I will kill him," he growled the last part as he poured out the fury that flared in his heart.

Badr cringed as tears rushed in those honey-brown eyes. Raghad sat up and encased her quivering arms around his neck. Badr enfolded her form in his hands, her thick glossy hair tangled around his arms. Slowly he crouched and sat on his right knee then pushed his other knee on the ground in order to come face-to-face with his precious sister. He caressed her hair and whispered words in order to console her.

Raghad knew every word he uttered were accurate. Badr was the only one who comprehended her disposition far more than anyone in their blessed family. She felt his grip tighten around her when a sob sounded from her lips. His large hand skimmed her hair that cascaded like a brown waterfall down her back. Raghad turned her face only to bury it in the nape of his neck and shed those excruciating tears that soaked his thobe.

"Ya Allah," he groaned, "Raghad do not weep no more, wallahi (By God) it is beyond my strength to control my rage when my angel cries," he vocalized, his voice deep as emotions tingled his throat.

"You are the only one that understands me Akhi (brother)," Raghad pulled back and dropped her gaze instantly when her eyes met Badr's.

"Do not speak that way, Raghad and what reason has propelled you to think such disturbing matters?" he demanded kindly, as he brushed his fingers on her cheeks to wipe her tears.

"K-Khalid is always dutiful to what father commands and he has always been inhospitable with me. Mother does not understand my heart and even if she did, she does not possess the power to come to my aid and Salem_," Raghad trailed off leaving a path of tormented words that almost suffocated Badr.

"Do not ponder on such things my Raghado," he called her by the name only he was granted to pronounce. "Stand up and prepare yourself," Badr let go of her when he pulled his hands away her lustrous hair fell back on her shoulders. He then grabbed her wrists, rose to his feet and stood her up as well.

When the brother was almost out of her quarter, Badr looked over his shoulder in her eyes, "He is here, he escorted his mother if you wish to_," before he could finish a forbidding wrath engulfed her eyes.

"I will not do such a thing," she hissed.

Instantly Badr lifted his finger to put it firmly on his lips, she whipped her head away from him. If it were a man who raised his voice in front of him, by Allah, Badr would have provided a glimpse of his fury to that discourteous man. However, this was Raghad, the source of his life, the sun to his sombre world. His dearest sister, he merely exhaled and strode away.