《4장》: Rumors 소문

When I woke up Luhan was already gone. I found a letter next to my pillow.

<< Thanks for helping me, I'll return your clothes as soon as possible>> Lu.

His handwrite was small and surprisingly neat.

That was the last thing I heard from him. The next couple of days I didn't see him or his posse. I knew he was avoiding me. For some reason it irritated me.

The fact that I didn't understand why it irritated me so much was getting on my nerves. At least when I worked my mind was occupied.

The next day I woke up irritated, I couldn't sleep all night long. I was almost falling asleep during class but Irene poked my face.

"Sehun-ah wake up" she whispered.

I put a book in front of me and kept sleeping during the lessons

It was lunch time and we were on our way to the cafeteria.

"How could you sleep so soundly? The teacher didn't noticed but I was so nervous" Irene sighed in relief

"Lately I haven't been able to sleep well" I yawned.

We entered the cafeteria and we sat with my friends and the girl's gang. I was about to eat when I saw Amber entering the cafeteria. I don't know what got into me but I went to her

"Hey Amber how are you?" I greeted her

"Oh you are Sehun! I heard from Luhan that you helped him the other day although you had a small fight. Thanks for taking care of him. I don't know what to do with him. He is supposed to be the older guy but I'm like his noona. Ew... today the food looks even grosser than yesterday's" she sighed annoyed.

I took my tray and follow her. She was alone today.

"Say where's Luhan hyung?" I asked her

"Didn't he come? That's weird, we talked yesterday and he seemed fine" She wondered

"Did he come to study? I haven't seen him for a couple of days" I wondered

"Yeah of course, is hard for him to miss even a single day" She said while taking a bite of what looked like a weird yellow salad.

"I haven't seen him for at least 2 weeks. Is he avoiding me?" I muttered

"Oh it's getting late, I better go to the soccer field before my dad gets pissed" she tried to run away but I stopped her.

"Sit down will yah. Why is he avoiding me now?" I asked irritated

"He is just overthinking and being shy. Just give him some time, he'll come in a few more days. Who knows" She shrugged

At the afternoon I had basketball practice. After I finished I went to my locker and found a shopping bag inside with my clothes.

<< Thanks for lending me this. I wash them>> Lu.

I kicked the locker. Everybody stared at me confused.

What is he trying to pull now?

Why am I so irritated?

I need to sleep.

I slept for 2h and my level of stress is getting even higher.