Chapter 8

{[⏺️] Connor's bed}

Back problems would prevent me from helping with the cases... I made up an excuse mentally to try convincing myself it was okay to sleep in Connor's bed. I pulled the hoodie down a little bit and got into the bed, it dipped down lightly and gave a soft feel. I slipped under the blankets and smiled as I let my eyes fluttered closed and sleep take over.

-two hours later-

I suddenly wake up when a pair of arms wrap around my waist. The faint scent of alcohol was in the room, coming from the person hugging me. I looked to see who it was, met with the peaceful face of Connor. His breath reeked of alcohol and he seemed to be sleeping now.

I gently tried to slip out of his hold, but he only held me closer to him. There was no easy way to get out of this. I instead wrapped my arms around Connor and huddled close for his warmth, feeling his hold on me relax slightly. He let out a soft sigh of content and I inhaled his scent. Underneath the scent of alcohol was Connor's real scent, and the smell of it helped me relax.

Connor muttered softly in his sleep and his grip around me suddenly tightened. He clinged on to me in his sleep, his grip showing that he wasn't awake and was clearly having a nightmare. I gently nuzzled him and gave him a soft reassuring squeeze, watching as his slightly panicked expression turned soft and relaxed. I smiled softly, feeling slightly nervous that he'd wake up and get mad that I was in his bed. I sighed softly and fell back asleep, my systems going into to dormant mode.

-Time skip-

I slowly 'woke up' when I felt Connor's heartbeat pick up slightly and his breathing started to become slightly faster, telling me he was waking up. I didn't remove my head from on his chest, not knowing if he'd mind. I kept my eyes closed as I felt Connor remove one of his hands from my waist and he rubbed his eyes.

I peeked open one of my eyes and saw him yawn adorably. I closed my eyes again, hearing Connor gasp softly a few seconds after. The blanket around us was suddenly removed and I tried to huddle closer to him for warmth. Connor lightly shook my shoulder and I fluttered my eyes open, smiling tiredly at Connor.

"Morning, Connor." I hummed softly, feeling him tense up. I kept myself huddled close to him for warmth. I suddenly felt one of his hands grab the hoodie I was wearing and pulled it down a bit more over my rear.

"M-Morning, (Y/n). What happened last night?" He seemed anxious.

"I don't know. I fell asleep and then I woke back up to find you crawling into the bed. You cuddled me, so I didn't wake you up since it helped prevent you from having nightmares." I explained. "As far as I know, we just cuddled."

Connor sighed in relief and removed his hold from me, causing me to from. He was so soft and comfortable, not to mention warm. I feel like a cat.

"Okay, I got to go check up on Hank." Connor untangled our legs that had intertwined together while we slept. I softly whined when he got up and covered myself with the blanket to try preserving the warmth. "Sorry."

"It's okay, just go check on Hank. I'm just trying to stay warm." I told him, pulling the blanket over me completely. I heard a soft sigh. "Let me know if you don't want me to do anything or if you need privacy."

"It's okay." Connor hummed and I heard shuffling around. I then heard soft falling of cloth and connected the dots completely, realizing Connor was changing.

I felt my cheeks heating up and began to worry. Do I have a virus? I felt the bed dip and Connor moving around. I lowered the blanket and looked over at Connor, seeing him in clean dress pants and buttoning up a white dress shirt. He was sitting on the side of the bed he slept in. I slowly pulled off the blanket and got up, catching his attention. Connor stared at me as I yawned softly and used the baggy sleeves of his hoodie to wipe my eyes slightly. I looked at Connor and noticed his wide eyes. I followed his gaze and remembered what I was wearing. The hoodie seemed a bit shorter than I thought.

"S-Sorry about taking your hoodie. I needed some clothes to sleep in since mine are dirty." I told him, cursing mentally for stuttering.

"O-Oh." Connor didn't stop staring.

I shrugged, gripping the bottom of the hoodie and beginning to pull it over my head, but stopped when Connor started to shout.

"Hey! No! Stop!" He stood up suddenly and I released the hoodie, looking at him in confusion.

"What? I'm just getting changed." I huffed softly.

"Okay, but there's something called common sense. You should wait until I leave the room to change." Connor sighed

"But when I was on the bed, you got changed." I pointed out. Connor's cheeks flushed red and he started to become nervous, his stress levels rising slightly.

"Well you weren't looking, were you? You were completely understand the covers." He pointed out, his temperature was rising again.

"That's because I was too nervous to come out from under the blanket when I noticed you were changing." I defended, but my tone remained confused and soft. "Can't you just look away while I change?"

"What are you going to change into?" Connor asked, looking around.

"I was just going to wear one of your outfits. My clothes are still dirty. I'll wash them before we leave and hang them out to dry so I can get them when we get back." I told him, my logical mindset helping calculate my response so it would seem reasonable. I grabbed my glasses from the bedside table Connor had and put them on, able to see Connor's face clearly.

Connor sighed and went to his closet, pulling out one of his white button up shirts from a hanger and a pair of jeans with a belt. He headed back over and gave them to me. I easily slipped on the jeans quickly and Connor smiled as I swiftly put on the belt without difficulty. I pulled off the hoodie and took the shirt from him, causing Connor to quickly turn around and cover his face.

I pulled on the shirt and buttoned it up, leaving the top two buttons unbuttoned. the shirt was a little big on me, but I was just happy I don't have to wear a dress. I tucked in the shirt and got my trench coat, pulling it on with my shoes. Once I finished, Connor headed out of the room. He was probably going to see Hank like he originally was.

I hummed for a moment and thought to myself. Should I wear one of Connor's ties or no tie at all?

{[×] Tie}
{[∆] No tie}