Chapter 2

I gently tapped my match against my leg, just a nervous tick that I had developed. I don't know why I'm nervous, but I just am. Connor's hand suddenly took the match away from me, setting it on the dash of the car.

"Stop it." He huffed softly, keeping his eye on the road. I was slightly annoyed by that but quietly apologized. I heard Hank repeatedly opening and closing his lighter, the sound being the loudest I could hear.

I didn't say anything and started to just tap my leg with my finger, not making any noise since the cloth of my dress pants prevented it. Connor pulled out a cigarette and had Hank light it, rolling down his window a little to let the smoke out of the car while he drove. My eyes widened and I cover my mouth, never really liking the smell of smoke since it would damage and burn the receptors that were designed to let me smell. Connor didn't seem to notice or care and kept smoking until we made it to his house. As soon as we pulled up into his driveway I unbuckled and threw myself out of the car, inhaling and exhaling rapidly to try and clear any smell of smoke that may have tried to enter my nose.

"What are you doing?" Connor and Hank looked at me in confusion as I stood up and brushed the grass off my pants.

"Sorry, I didn't want to lose my ability to smell. Smoke damages the receptors in my nose and makes it so I can't really smell." I explained, fixing some strands of hair that had started to become messy from my quick movements.

We headed to the front door and Connor began to feel around his pockets for his house keys. Hank sighed pushed Connor back lightly, pulling out a spare key and unlocking the door. As soon as Hank opened the door and Connor stepped into the house, a large saint bernard tackled the lieutenant and slobbered all over him. I froze in fear, never really getting along with dogs before in the past. Connor laughed and Hank smiled as the large dog gave the human sloppy dog kisses. I cringed, not really liking germs too much. I stayed standing outside the door and hid behind one of the pillars, not wanting to be tackled by the dog as well.

"Why are you hiding out there? Come on in, (Y/n)." Connor smiled softly and motioned for me to come into the house as the dog got off him.

I nervously did as he said, moving slowly and keeping my eyes on the dog. Connor saw how I was staring at the dog, fearful of it. I continued to slowly walk into the house and close the door behind me, leaning against it as my eyes never left the dog. As soon as I blinked, the dog tackled me. I yelped and hit my head on the door lightly, trying to cover my face as the dog gave me sloppy dog kisses again.

"No!" I whined, trying to keep myself from getting covered in dog germs. Connor and Hank laughed as the dog laid on me and prevented me from getting up.

"Sumo seems to like you a lot." Connor laughed, continuing to spectate instead of helping me.

"Get him off, I need to stand!" I demanded with a slight whine, my legs hurting from the pressure.

"Sumo, off." Connor commanded the dog, smiling lightly at me. The dog got up and moved off me, sitting and staring at me. Once Connor and Hank came into my view they bursted out laughing, unable to help themselves. "You look so horrified! Why are you so scared, he doesn't bite."

"Bitch, you never know." I whispered, looking away in embarrassment. Connor looked slightly suprised at my language but dismissed it as just my personality. "You said his name was Sumo? He's a large dog, I'm suprised you can take care of him. How do you give him baths? And how much money do you normally have to spend on getting him dog food?"

"Whoa there, miss. Just a moment ago you were terrified of him, now you want to know how I take care of him?" Connor mused, smirking slightly.

"Yes." I gave him a determined look that caused him to look away for a moment. He started to show a few signs of illness again.

"It doesn't matter how I take care of him, Sumo is a perfectly healthy dog." Connor muttered and headed off to his kitchen.

"Anderson, where are you going?" I asked softly, not caring if he heard me or not. I followed the male into his kitchen where a few bottles of alcohol were on his table and his counters were a mess.

"I'm going to clean up a little, I wasn't expecting guests." His attitude seemed to turn grim. I frowned as a software instability notification appeared in my vision.

"Here, let me help." I smiled softly and spoke in a gentle tone, just wanting to be nice.

"No, go make sure Hank isn't doing anything stupid." Connor spoke in a slightly threatening tone. Another software instability notification.

"O-Okay, just let me know if you need help with anything. I may not seem to do a lot but I have many programs th-"

"Just go." He cut me off with an annoyed growl.

I shrunk back at how he spoke and nodded quickly. I rushed to Hank in the living room and laid down on the couch. Hank was petting Sumo quietly, trying to keep his focus on the dog. I turned to the back of the couch and prepared to go into stasis, my back facing Hank but at the same time I kept my face hidden from view. I did a quick software search to find any viruses or causes for my malfunctions, only to find nothing. This hurt to think about, all the codes and data rushing through my checking software that simulated the feeling of having thoughts rush through my head. I closed my eyes and heard footsteps, sounding like Connor's since Hank always had silent steps.

"It fell asleep?" Connor seemed to sound confused.

"It is in stasis mode, so yes. The android has fallen asleep, it cannot hear anything and the coding within the AI part of it is probably updating or running simulations to make it feel like it's dreaming." Hank explained to Connor. But they were wrong, I could hear them while updating. I wasn't in stasis but I can make myself seem like it.

"Great, what are we going to do with it? I already have you as my partner, and I snapped at our new partner already. I didn't mean to, but I got angry from a few things and snapped at it for trying to help." Connor explained. A red notification popped up, alerting me that I had almost crashed from simulations of what seemed like human emotion.

"Were you thinking about what happened a few days ago?" Hank asked quietly, the sound of Connor's footsteps leading to where Hank was. The couch groaned as someone or something sat down on it.

"Yeah. I can't help it, we were so close." Connor sighed as his voice came from behind me now.

"Well now we have someone to either chase a deviant while I help you or vice versa, just try not falling off any buildings again." Hank seemed to joke slightly, but that wasn't in his programing. A note was made mentally.

•🔓Hank is showing signs of Deviancy and human emotions.
•🔓Connor recently fell off a building and Hank helped him.
•🔒???

I hummed as I let out a soft groan, getting up. I heard movement behind me as I stretched and sat up, rubbing my eyes to give the fact that I was more human like. I blinked a few times and saw Connor and Hank looking at me.

"What the fuck do you want?" I hummed in a slightly agressive manner but tired.

"Sorry, it's just that you didn't sleep very much." Connor seemed nervous. His blood pressure and stress rised a little, his heart rate giving away that he was lying.

"Of course, I proceed updates and programs much faster than the regular android." I told them, putting my feet on the floor and resting my hands in my lap.

"Do you hear anything when you are sleeping?" Connor suddenly asked.

You decide:

{[×] Lie}

{[∆] Truth}