Prologue

I smiled softly, playing with an unlit match. I twirled it between my fingers, watching it roll over my knuckles. Suddenly my match was taken and I frowned, disappointed that the one item that helped calibrate my systems was taken away. I glared softly at Niles, who glared back at me.

"Quit it. It's bad enough I have to deal with him, so don't start peeving me." He pointed to the other android at the desk, Gavin.

"Ease up a bit, and give me back the match. It's my last one." I huffed, reaching over his desk to grab at the match. I was assigned to assist Lt. Anderson with his HK800 model android, but I was waiting with detective Niles for Anderson to get back.

"Does Connor know you were sent to help him?" Niles asked, holding the match away So I had to lean over the desk and reach farther to get it.

"Well, not really. It's only my first day." I muttered, concentrated on getting the match back. I wore a tan trench coat with the android band on the arm, a standard male suit with tie but no overcoat, dress shoes, and I had four hair ties around my right wrist. I was a YN890 model, and I didn't have a name or owner.

"What's with the outfit? Don't the male looking Androids only wear suits." He stood up and held it over me, just out of my reach.

"I wanted to wear the suit instead of a revealing dress that wouldn't help at all with my role." I grumbled as I jumped, trying to get the match. I was just able to touch part of it before Niles raised it a bit higher out of my reach. I growled softly. "Give it back."

"I think I'm doing Connor a favor, he already has to deal with Hank flipping a lighter around constantly. It's a fire hazard." Niles smirked cockily.

I growled even more and grabbed his sleeve, quickly yanking his arm down and snatching the match out of his grasp. I carefully put it away in my inner chest pocket, trying to keep it from breaking. They don't make matches anymore and I didn't have many left after accidentally setting off a few while trying to recalibrate. Suddenly I was yanked by the tie, Gavin's face close to mine. I didn't feel comfortable but let him do his thing, knowing he was scanning me. I felt a hand graze my chest and instinctively smack Gavin, then seeing he had taken my match out of the pocket I put it in.

"No more." Gavin glared at me, giving the match to Niles lazily. I felt my systems become unstable for a moment and my inner fans were running quickly to cool me down from the burning anger I wasn't allowed to express.

"Yo, Nine. When did you get a girl to hangout around you?" I heard someone ask, swivelling my head to see who it was. I scanned the person and brightened when I saw it was Connor. "Oh, it's an Android. That makes sense, girls can't stand being near you." He teased the other male.

"Ha ha, very funny. Actually, this thing is for you." Niles took the match from Gavin and I saw Connor look at him in interest.

"Where'd you guys get the match, I haven't seen one of them in years." Connor headed over, a tall male android with white hair trailing behind him. I looked at him and shook a little, feeling intimidated by the taller android considering I was taller than most androids.

"Hello, I'm Hank. I am working with Lt. Anderson on deviant cases." The android introduced himself to me. I nodded.

"I'm model YN890, I've been sent by Cyberlife to assist you two on your cases so you will be less likely to fail." I told Hank. He nodded and his indicator flickered between yellow and red for a moment.

"So your saying it's been waiting here messing with a match for.... Five hours?" I heard Connor ask Niles.

"Yup, and it keeps saying it was sent to assist you and Hank." Niles responded. "I haven't caught its name yet, it just keeps referring to itself as model YN890."

"You have no owner?" Hank asked me, tilting his head in confusion. I nodded.

"Of course not. I haven't been listed an owner until I decide who I want to be my owner based on how well they would be able to own me." I told him, glad that Cyberlife had given me the decision to chose who my owner is.

"That's... Odd." Hank muttered, seeming conflicted for a moment.

I shrugged it off and saw an open chair that span. I gave softly and rushed over to it, sitting down and beginning to spin in it like a child would. I had noticed the name plate said this was Connor's desk. That was fine, I just kept spinning with a happy smile. I giggled softly and came to a stop, feeling a light sense of vertigo wash over me as I held my forehead lightly and closed my eyes to try and ease the dizziness.

"That's what happens when you spin in a chair." I heard someone chuckle. I shook my head in attempt to get rid of the painful feeling. I looked up and saw Connor looking at me in amusement.

"Can I have my match back?" I asked him, getting up. I put my hands down and shivered slightly at the thought of how Gavin took it.

"Yeah." He handed me my match and I happily took it.

"Thank you." I beamed, flipping the match in my left hand to recalibrate it and held my right hand out for him to shake. "I am YN890, an Android sent by Cyberlife to help assist you on your cases to assure success."

"I guess you know who I am then. But why don't you just say your name?" Connor hummed in confusion, shaking my hand for a moment before we put our hands back at our sides.

"I don't have a name." I giggled softly, finding it obvious as to why I wouldn't say my name if I didn't have one.

"Wow, does Cyberlife just not name their androids?" Connor huffed. "You're name is (Y/n) now. You have a name to introduce yourself with now."

"Thank you. I'm (Y/n), the Android sent by Cyberlife." I spoke the default phrase and tested it with my new name.

"I like it."