Chapter 7

{[×] Answer}

"Yes, Hank?" I sighed softly and spoke up.

"Did you get the glasses?" He asked. I put on the glasses and sat in the middle of the back seat, leaning forward in the middle component of the arm rests and looking at Hank.

"I don't know." I spoke, sarcasm leaking out of my tone. A soft snicker came from Connor as he drove. I turned my head and looked over at the driver. "What's so funny, lieutenant?"

"Nothing, nothing. Just stop leaning forward so much, are you wearing a seatbelt?" He asked, glancing at me before quickly looking back at the road.

"What's a seatbelt?" I hummed innocently, leaning back. Connor let out a frightened yelp and Hank snapped his head in my direction.

"You don't know what a seatbelt is?" Connor spoke, worried.

"I'm joking, I know what a seatbelt is.....
.. I just don't like wearing them." I glanced out the window and laid back down. I noticed Connor had looked a bit pale. "Lieutenant, are you okay? You look awfully pale."

"Please buckle in." He sighed. I nodded and as soon as the click sounded from the buckle, Connor relaxed and seemed a bit calmer.

The ride back to Connor's home was silent, the sound of Hank clicking his lighter cap being the only sound aside from the sound of the car humming. I felt my hands twitch as images of my past flashed in my eyes.

The knife dripping with purple blood, a mix of both human and android. I gripped the blade tightly, blue blood leaking down it from my hand. The attacker stared at me in fear, their body painted crimson.

"Hey, I'm going into the coffee shop and a block away from my house. Could you two wait inside the car while I go get some coffee?" Connor asked, his voice merely a hum as I gripped harshly onto my left wrist.

The clatter of the knife hitting the floor and horrified cries echoed off the walls. The man in front of me started to lose conciousness and his hand quickly grabbed the handle of the knife and managed to damage my wrist. I couldn't feel anything, my body feeling numb. I pulled the knife out of my damaged wrist and started to press it against my chest, slowly pushing it in.

"(Y/n)?" I heard Connor's soft voice. I was too deep into thought to notice him.

I continued to press it in, only for the kitchen knife to be thrown from my hand. Infront of me stood a male android, his model was the same as Eli.

"Why?" He asked, seeming horrified. I gave him a dead stare and didn't respond.

I didn't respond. My sensors came back after the failure and sudden pain knocked me to the ground. I cried, silent and broken.

"(Y/N)?! Hello?! Hank, did we break her?" Connor's shouts pulled her from her thoughts and she looked up suddenly. She felt something wet on her cheek and quickly wiped away the stray tear.

"S-Sorry." I apologized softly, releasing my grip from my wrist. Connor looked at me in concern and Hank looked at me in slight suspicion.

"It's okay, are you alright though? Your LED was red and you seemed frantic." Connor pointed out. "It's still red."

"Just do what you need to do." I muttered softly and laid down in the backseat, facing my back to the front seats.

"Okay." Connor's tone was different... It sounded different.

I felt the car slow down and stayed still, quietly breathing to help build pressure in my pumps so it would circulate through my body. The driver door opened and closed, the car off. Suddenly I heard the passenger side open and close. The car shook lightly at the force and I shook in fear, not liking being alone. It allowed me to see and remember past incidents.

"You don't have to be like this." The android had said. I broke, feeling pain everywhere. My sensors were becoming overstimulated with pain.

It hurt. Everything hurt. My systems, my thirium felt like it was poison. My wrist was broken along with my shoulder and my hands were cut up from when I grabbed the knife by the blade. I had two bullet wounds in my side as well, I was losing thirium fast.

My thoughts continued to play and I let out a broken sob, the sensors in my body reliving the same pain I felt so long ago. I didn't feel safe.

It hurts.

It hurts so much.

I gripped myself harshly onto my arms and shook violently, my systems heating up as tears leaked from my eyes. I took off the glasses and tried to wipe away my tears. I sniffled and stopped making sound as the sound of the car doors opening sounded and the car swayed slightly. Connor sat in the driver seat with a coffee and cookie. Hank sat in the passenger side with an amused smile.

"Hey (Y/n), Chloe said you'd have to eat like a human would have to... So I got you a cookie." Connor beamed happily. I didn't turn to face him.

"I'm not hungry, you can have the cookie Connor. You need it more than I do." I muttered back to him, my voice still uneven. I cursed at myself mentally.

"Are you okay? You sound like you are about to cry." Hank asked, turning in his seat as Connor started up the car.

"I'm okay, just tired." I sighed. Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder. I glanced back and was met with the adorable sight of Connor, his face close to mine. I jumped slightly but calmed down. "Yes, lieutenant?"

"Eat the cookie. You haven't eaten today and I can tell that you're lying about not being hungry." Connor shoved the (F/c) (Favorite cookie type) cookie to me. I shook my head, rejecting the food.

"I'm not lying. I don't exactly have an appetite so I'm not hungry." I faced to the seats again. "You eat it."

I frowned as Connor sighed and sat back up in his seat to drive. I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep, listening to Connor and Hank as they talked about cases.

"Let's head back to the station, it's only 8 pm." Hank told Connor.

"I don't want to go back to the station. What if Niles is there?" Connor whined childishly.

"We must report in and write up what we have so far on the cases." Hank tried to convince him with logical facts.

"If you're going to be at the police station, would it be okay if you dropped me off at your house and I go to sleep there?" I asked, earning a nod from Connor as I looked over at them.

We headed back to Connor's place and he dropped me off. Hank gave me the house key and I unlocked the door, quickly running back to the car and giving the key back before going into the house. The hinges were damaged and the door looked recently replaced. Sumo greeted me with a lazy bark and swaying tail. I locked the door behind me and gently pet him, heading to the food bowl to make sure he was fed and had water. His food bowl was empty so I gave him more and made sure he had fresh clean water, having to take his water bowl to the sink and clean it since he had gotten fur and bits of food around the bowl.

I gave Sumo the clean water and headed to the other rooms curiously, stopping as one had a bed in it. The room was messy and it had the thick scent of Connor, so I grabbed an oversized hoodie he had and headed to the bathroom. I stripped out of my clothes and put on the hoodie, the neck part dipping a bit to expose my collarbones a little while the bottom of the hoodie reached just above my knee. I kept on my undergarments and hugged the hoodie around me, inhaling the smell of coffee, musk, and a slight caramel scent. I thought about where to sleep tonight, stuck between sleeping in Connor's bed since he wasn't home, or sleeping on the couch again even though it could give me back problems.

{[∆] Couch}
{[⏺️] Connor's bed}