Chapter 27

Lucy's POV

"I'm in love with this country." I tell Ian on our way to the last stop of the day.

"Me too. The last few days were amazing. Thank you for this." He says. I smile and give him a quick kiss on the lips before wrapping my arms around him and resting my head on his shoulder.

"Why are we here?" Ian asks when I park the car in front of the airport, "I thought we were going shopping."

"You're always surprising me. Now, it's my turn to surprise you. Plus, your birthday is in a few days and I thought we could go somewhere to celebrate." I say before kissing him and getting out of the car to get the suitcases from the trunk.

"So this is my birthday gift?" He asks as he helps me with the suitcases.

"I guess you can say that."

"What do you mean?" he asks, intrigued.

"You'll see." I wink, "Let's go." I say and lock the car before we start walking towards the building.

"Where are we going?" he asks when we're inside.

"Iceland. It'll take us a while to get there but it'll be worth it. I have a few things planned and I really hope you like it."

"I'm sure I will." He replies before putting his arms around my shoulder and kissing my head.

"How did you come up with this?" he asks and kisses my head, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"I wanted to surprise you and I really needed a break from LA and the decoration of the new house. But I'd never thought about Iceland. It was kind of an accident, actually. I found some photos of the hotel where we're staying tonight and I knew it was the right place so I booked everything as soon as I could."

"And I'm really glad you did."

"Me too. Just wait until you see the place. It's amazing, especially now with the northern lights."

"I can't wait to see it." He replies.

"Our last stop will be at the bubbles where you will spend the night. All the bubbles have a transparent upper half or are fully transparent, which means you'll have a private show now that the Northern Lights are dancing." The tourist guide informs us and, a few minutes later, we're being led to our bubble. "This is your bubble." He says and points to the huge bubble. "Checkout is at 8:30 and we should be back in Reykjavik before 11AM. Have a great night. See you tomorrow."

"Thank you." We say and the guide leaves us alone to get ready for the night.

"I have to say, I never thought I'd see you sleeping in a bubble the middle of the woods." Ian says once we're inside the bubble.

"Why?"

"I don't know... I just thought the idea of sleeping in the middle of nowhere would scare you."

"Not when I have you by my side." I reply and wrap my arms around his torso and he kisses my head.

"How are you feeling? Are you tired?"

"A little bit." I reply, "But I'm happy and at the end of the day that's what matters the most."

"It is, but you know you need to rest."

"I know. And I will. But after tomorrow, ok? It's your birthday and I have a surprise for you. It might be a bit tiring but then we can sleep and enjoy the wonders of the Blue Lagoon for 2 days ok?"

"Ok. But promise you'll tell me if you're too tired. I seriously doubt I'd be able to give you a piggyback ride to the hotel again." He says and we laugh as we think about what happened a couple days ago. After hiking for a few hours, I was tired and my feet were killing me so I asked Ian to give me a piggyback ride. The thing is when I said that I never thought he would do it but Ian, being the adorable caring person his, actually carried me to the hotel on his back even after I told him many times that I was not that tired and could walk to the hotel.