Blanks To Fill In

|C|

As soon as we're back in the dressing room, I let the tears run down my face.
"Don't worry C, there will be other opportunities, you're still a junior, don't be so hard on yourself," Sasha encourages.
"I-I know. It's just, Juilliard, Juilliard is my dream. And I- I was their f-freshman pick for their s-summer intensive! I just- I- why did they pass me? I just wanted this so badly," I reply, trying to pull myself together. Sasha hugs me.
"C, you dance in music videos for Hawks and you toured with Selena Gomez! You're one of the best dancers at this school. Juilliard would be lucky to have you, and if they don't accept you, you're still going to do great things. With or without them," Sasha tells me. I let out a sniffle.
"Thanks Sash, you're the best," I say with a weak smile, wiping my eyes.
"I know, now go out and conquer the world," he replies with a smile, giving me a gentle shove out of the dressing room. As I walk down the halls, a smile slowly starts to return to my face. I'm about to re-enter the auditorium when a woman rushes over to me.
"Carly Cato?" She asks. I nod my head slowly and the woman gives me a relieved grin.
"I've been looking for you everywhere. I'm not sure how, but I must have missed you on my list, I was worried you had already left. My name is Natalie and I'm scouting for Juilliard today, can I speak with you shortly?" she asks me. I nod.
"I'm Carly Cato. But. You- already knew that I guess, and um, yeah, I can talk," I respond awkwardly. Great. Way to go Carly. Great first impression. The woman, Natalie, smiles.
"Yes, now, am I correct in saying you've attended a Juilliard program before?" She asks me. I nod.
"Yes, I went to the summer intensive going into my sophomore year," I reply.
"And last summer?" Natalie asks, trailing off.
"I toured with Selena Gomez," I tell her. She looks impressed.
"Well, congratulations Ms. Cato. I assume you know why I asked to speak with you?" Natalie asks. I tilt my head slightly.
"Honestly, I'm not completely sure," I reply. Natalie smiles.
"I would like to speak to you about the possibility of you attending Juilliard," She informs me. My jaw drops.
"Are you joking?" I ask in shock. Natalie laughs.
"No, but I get asked that more often then you'd expect," she says with a laugh, "Juilliard has been more then impressed with your past performance and would be very pleased if you would apply. We also have scholarship opportunities available if you're interested, all that's needed for those is a video audition and a few have written essays."
"Thank you so much!" I say, still in shock. Natalie smiles.
"Here's an information packet, it talks about how to apply online and when applications are due and where to find all the scholarship material. We really hope to have you join us in the future," Natalie says.
"Thank you so much again, I will, definitely apply," I tell her with a smile. With a final nod, Natalie leaves me practically glowing before I turn around and rush back to the dressing room.
"Sasha guess what just happened!" I squeal, bursting into the room. Sasha rushes over along with Mindy and Jenna.
"The scout, the one from Juilliard, just talked to me. And they want me to apply!" I exclaim. Mindy and Jenna immediately start squealing with me.
"I knew you would get it," Sasha says with a huge grin, pulling us all into a big group hug.

Word Count: 619

AN
ONE. MORE. CHAPTER.