Qn 3 - The Earth Breathes Beneath My Feet

Q3 Why did you choose to land on Earth instead? And why australia?

Forrest’s laughter echoes across the view of the Earth, then the camera jump shots to Forrest.

“Earth, well that’s a long story so the short version, no choice! I got sent here!

Apparently my emotional makeup is temperamental enough so that I can match the average human quite well. So many Human decisions are made based on emotional response and belief, and not on logic and the evidence that Humans usually make the wrong deicsions for the good of your planet.”

Camera shows a short montage of the Australian way of life.

“Why Australia, well it is unique in it’s fauna and flora and has the longest living human culture, which makes it an extrmely interesting place to live. Though as I mentioned above the first humas here did take a beating during the white invasion and colonisation. It was another of Humanities wars really, and one that has not been acknowledged.”

Camera shows the trailer for the SBS documentary on Aboriginal Australia.

“Me personally, my reasons. Well Ive travelled a lot and I always come back to this bit of hte coast. Not too hot, not to cold. Plenty deadly place, as the saying goes!

I found this little bit of hillside with good rainfall. Good bushwalking and an easy drive to lots of cultural activities.

It's a place where I can grow any fruit or herb or veg I want. Where the birds like to wake me up in the morning and where the views are broad enough to lift my spirits when I get bogged down in human affairs.

It is on the side of an ancient volcano and I can feel the Earth breath beneath my feet there.”

Forrest points across the valley toward the hills and the camera follows and pans across the escarpment.