Qn 1: Normal and Sentient

Q1

So Norman, our viewers want to know is Norman your real name or was it your earth supervisor that gave you a name containing the word "norm" to hide the fact that you are an out-of-norm alien?

Camera zooms in on Forrest’s face.

“Norman, well no, not my name actually, but Norman is an old Earth family name that I’ve adopted to help keep a low profile for some of my work here on Earth.

I needed a pen name so my real work wouldn't be disrupted by questions about who I really was and where all these ideas and stories came from.

Forrest pulls a a very unhuman grin at the camera.

... and don't those Level 6 Civilisation Supervisors get on your nerves. Do it this way, don't talk to the natives, don't share technology.

I mean what's wrong with speeding up the development of Earth society so it doesn't need fossil fuels or atomic power.

Whoops, better edit that out or I might be out of a job and off planet before you can say Anthropocene!”

Camera shows a sequence of images of power plant pollution and accidents.

“Anyways, yes Norm? Well being normal is impossible as it is just a statistical artifice. So the concept of being normal can only be a form of shared insanity.

So the name is a human joke name really, even if in human history the Normans were Vikings and the last people to ever conquer Britain and stay there.

I mean it's kinda hard to change the world for the better if people think you are some kinda weirdo, even if you are, sort of!

I'm sure, quite a few humans wake up occasionally and think, I can’t be human, surely I'm not related to that lot!”

Forrest shrugs at the camera, screwing up his face into a definitely non human expression.

“Especially that subspecies of humans called Writers. They do appear to have a different sense of perception to the rest of Homo sapiens. I mean what sentient being in its right mind would sit alone for hours on end conversing with itself and a fictional audience?”

Forrest shakes his head at the camera, then looks directly at it.

"Just what is so interesting about someone elses escape from reality, that you humans spend so many hours reading about things that haven't happened or can never happen?"

"Humans are not a normal sentient species!"