DCI

Okay, so I had the opportunity to go and watch the semifinals for DCI last night. If you don't know what that is, it's Drum Corps International. Basically, all the best drum corps in the world are competing to be number one. Some of the people from my marching band and I went together as a group. We were running late a little bit, but we got there just in time to watch the Mandarins perform. Not only is my band director finishing out the season working with them, but  one of the members of my school's marching band is marching with them. They killed it! It was by far the best performance of the season!

After the Mandarins, Phantom Regiment performed, and then there was an intermission. The final block was full drum corps that I have constantly heard of. Blue Knights, Blue Stars, The Cadets (Their opener was the closer my first year in marching band!), The Cavaliers, Boston Crusaders, Carolina Crown, Bluecoats, Blue Devils, and Santa Clara Vanguard. Let me tell ya, they really did save the best for last. Vanguard was awesome! By far the best show of the night!

I ended up getting some Mandarins merch, and I got to talk to my friend from the Mandarins. Last night was definitely worth the money!