Chapter 5- Results

I sit leaning my head against the icy metallic door. It's really quiet today, so quiet you can hear the staff chatting amongst themselves. Gossiping about the patients. Being complete dicks as usual.

Its rare the place is quiet, but sometimes when a patient is making so much noise the men in black suits beat them, sometimes so hard you never hear them again, either because there in shock or... You can guess.

"Did you hear... The results came back positive, you were right!" The nurses gossip to one another.

"Yeah I know, she's the only one we've ever got our hands on, must be a simpleton!" I hear them both giggle. I know they're talking about me. I get sickly butterflies in my stomach. What am I?

***

"Oi, you!" I feel the toe of someones shoe jab into my left thigh. "Wake up!"

"What..?" My voice is rusty and I struggle to pronounce my words.

"Come with me!" Without giving me time to reply, I see the faint white coat of someone disappear in the distance.

Still half asleep, I stand up to quickly causing my sight to go blurry and my head starts to spin. When I'm back in full consciousness, I follow the mystery person.

I walk into a large science lab unlike anything I've seen before. This wasn't just your old chemistry lesson you'd expect as a kid, a few test tubes and the odd explosion. This was full on thousands of brightly coloured liquids that all popped and bubbled. Long pipes connected one container to another causing amazing different chemical reactions.

Deaper in and the room changed completely. Everything now was dark and dingy. All the brightly coloured chemicals, blue, pink and green turned to black, rusted cages full of screaming animals that smelt of blood and urine.

"What is this place, it's sick!" I call out to one of the scientists.

"This is were we test on things and, 'people' like you!" I give him a offended look and he laughs.

"Please step into the cage!" The man in the long white coat calls from behind me.

"What?" I stare at him confused and shocked from his request.

"I said, Get into the bloody cage!" He screams in my face disturbing all the animals, putting them into hysterics. Feeling in no place to refuse, I step into the dirty cage and the gate is slammed behind me. I gaze out of the thick rusty bars at about six other male scientists all staring, pointing and laughing at me.

"professional!" I whisper under my breath, not really caring if they hear me.

"Oi, Take off your clothes!" All the men start to wolf whistle and act like little boys. "Take them off!"

In no mood to argue I remove my clothes right down to my underwear. "Happy!" I shout sarcastically.

One of the men walks up and comes into my cage and moves for my chest.

"Oi, back off!" I back away. All the other scientist begin to ooo like little children.

"Calm down! I'm just using these to measure your heart rate!" He sticks two little bits of plastic to my chest and attaches them to long wires leading to the other equipment.

He exit the cage locking it closely behind him and goes to sit down.

"How old are you?" One of them calls up to me.

"To young for you!" The chorus of ooo's start again as I reply with a cocky attitude. "Sixteen!" I sulk as he doesn't look impressed.

They all start to mutter to them selves. "How old does it normally happen?"

"Well, I read that it's about eighteen, it sounds about right?"

"Well, Isn't there anyway you can... 'Speed it up'?" He looks at his eyes, desperate for answers, "I mean its only two years, but, with the way shes acting at the moment, she probably won't live that long."

I have no idea what they were talking about, speed what up? What the hells going on?

"Ouch!" A sharp jab, pricks my arm. I glare to the side to see one of the scientists squeezing some sort of purple potion into my wrist.

"What is that?" I ask.

"Just something to speed up the process!" He walks over to one of the bird cages.

"What process?"

"You have no idea what you are do you?"

I stare back confused, I really don't! I feel a painful tingle shoot up my arm and my skin starts to go from a pale to even whiter. Suddenly a pain of hunger comes on like nothing before, feeling like I'm being repeatedly punched in the stomach. Whats going on?