Chapter 3- Fireing squad

The next morning I am awoken by a massive crash, the bass of the sound causes my head to mock the pain I'm still in from the day before.

'What the hell do you think your playing at!' I'm alarmed as the doctor rushes in, waving his arms around like a chimp. I can see his mouth moving and he looks pretty pissed off shouting thoughs cursing words, but I can't hear a word hes saying.

With the noise in this place I've sort of learnt how to shut off to it. He latches on to my long, knotted hair. It feels like his ripping it out, he has hold of it so tight.

"Well morning to you to sweety!" I say in a smug voice, mocking him for yesterday.

"So you think your little stunt yesterday was funny, huh?" He examines me with huge beady eyes.

What stunt, I wonder if he'll mention it if I just keep going along with it?

"Just a shame I couldn't see your messed up little faces when I did it!" What ever 'it' might be?

"Oh, you'll see our faces, WHEN YOUR STARING AT THE FIREING SQUAD READY TO BE SHOT!!"

Fireing squad! What the hell did I say! Then again, all you need to do in this place to have your brains blown out is to-

Oh god! I've done it now, I'm a goner!

                                                                              ***

I stand there, Death hanging over my shoulders like a smelly, old scarf. What did I do to deserve this? A question that will never be answered, well, not in my life time anyway. 

I feel the soft grass growing through the gaps in my toes. It tickles. A small smile creeps onto my face as memory's from childhood all come rushing back. Running around my garden in the summer sun whilst my mother chased me. Laughing. Happy. Only within about five minutes my mums smile would just disappear, she would shoo me inside. I used to cry ever time, Why couldn't the fun continue? It was if I had done something naughty and my mother just couldn't bare to look at me because of it.

As I grew older, I began asking my mother more and more questions as to why I wasn't aloud in the garden in the summers sun, or why I wasn't aloud to go to the beach like everyone else. She told me that I wasn't like the other kids. That to long in the sun could cause me serious damage. Eventually I just accepted my differences and carried on as normal, as normal as possible any way.

The heat on my back was warm. When I gaze up I see three tall men in black uniform. There holding the guns that contain the bullets that will soon impale my skin, leaving me dead in a small pit behind me. I have rope burn around my wrists where they have tied me once again. I don't see why, I'm not going anywhere. There's enough security here to cover the perimeter of England.

A man approaches me, in his hands he holds a dirty, old rag that he uses to cover my eyes. He wraps my head with the cloth and ties it in a tight knot at the back. Some of my loose bits of hair gets caught in the knot and it tugs a lot, but by now I'm used to so much pain.

How long have I been in the sun now? It must have been at least forty minutes by now. I can feel my arms getting hot and sweaty. I lift a shoulder to my cheek, its steaming. This must be what my mother was talking about. An excruciating pain flushes through the parts of my body where my skin is exposed and then flows through the parts that are not. Whats happening?

"You ready?" I hear a deep voice echo across the field. I assume their not talking to me, Why would I be ready for this. Why would anyone? I take I deep breath and a giant gulp, Here it goes!

"3... 2... 1... "

*BANG!!