Whipped Chapter 8

Recap:

"Have you decided?" I didn't miss the small inflection of hope in his voice.

"Yes..."

"So what it'll be?" He tried to be nonchalant but the tension in his eyebrows and shoulders said he as feeling otherwise.

"Mason my answer is---"

_______________________

I opened my mouth to answer at the same time Mason's ringtone blared throughout the silent kitchen.

He looked down and cursed under his breath. "Shit, I've got to take this.." He slid off the chair, walking towards the office, "Don't move!" he shouted over his shoulder.

As soon as I heard the door to the office click, my heart started pounding. What am I doing? I only met this man a little over a month ago and here I am trying to sign my life away to him?! What the hell is wrong with me!

I slid off the stool running on my tip toes to retrieve my keys from Mason's room.

I took extra care to be quiet around the office door which Mason was yelling behind. I slipped on my loafers and my jacket and with the stealth of a ninja ...

Okay that's exaggeration, I'm about as clumsy as a drunk cat... get it? Cat.. Kat..

...

Yeah I'll stick to stocks.

Needless to say I slipped out of Mason's loft without so much as a peep, that was until I almost tripped down a flight of stairs.

I got into the car park down below and thanked the heavens that my little Mini Coop made only the slightest of purrs when it started.

I peeled out of there as fast as I could, praying that Mason hadn't realized my absence. I grabbed my phone and dialed the only person I knew that could comfort my self destructing mind.

"Hey are you still at the studio?" I breathed my heart still racing as I was met by the stoplight at the end of the street.

"Yeah! What's up Kitty?"

"Would it be okay if I swing by the studio, maybe give me a tour?" The desperation in my voice would've made me embarrassed if it was anyone else.

"Of course, we're gonna be in between takes in about ten minutes. I'll meet you out front."

"Ugh great! Thank you so much!"

"Anytime Kitty"

I blew a kiss over the phone before hanging up and being sure to turn it off completely.

I turned up the radio as a last resort to drowning out my thoughts, as I kept checking my review mirror nervously.

I pulled my car all the way around the back of the studio's car park, rushing out of the car into the brisk weather.

I approached the front door to find my savior waiting there with phone in hand. I rushed into his arms as he chuckled a deep familiar sound.

"Oh Jay". I breathed in his familiar scent, he smelled of home, of my childhood. I squeezed him tight as his arms came around me, protecting me from the sharp wind.

All of my anxiety had melted away, as I stood in his arms. Here I was secure.

"It's good to see you too Kitty" He kissed the top of my head leading me inside.