Whipped Chapter 7

Chapter 7

When I had awoken I was still on the couch, tucked in snugly. I stretched out my stiff limbs, and padded bare foot into the empty kitchen.

There was a note next to a plate of Mason's amazing blueberry muffins and a empty mug, in his articulate script it read:

My dearest Kat,

Ran out to the store for a moment, back in a jif.

Mason

Hmph

I contemplated just watching TV until he got back, or perhaps going home and coming back, but my a particularly dark thought crossed my mind and suddenly the door in the hallway caught my attention.

Although I was the only one in the loft, I tip toed my way over to the solid white door, looking up at its thick intimidating structure.

I put my ear to it first and then realized how idiotic that was, What exactly we're you expecting to hear?

I tried the handle -which quite obviously should've been my first move- locked of course.

What if there's a body in there?

Once again my own stupidity astounds me. Dead bodies smell, Kat.

PerI felt on top of the door for a key, instead I was greeted with dust bunnies and a microscopic spider which proceeded to throw me into a screaming fit.

After I had given my self a thorough heart attack, I retreated unhappily into Mason's room to shower.

I loathed using other people's showers. It felt gross and unclean to me, however Mason's pristine bathroom had given me slight peace of mind.

I placed an outfit on top of the sink and searched around for towels, that we're conveniently and hilariously folded neatly right in front of my face on the rack.

After the everlasting struggle of figuring out his conundrum of a shower, I stepped into the warm steam and immediately relaxed my tense muscles.

I don't know how long I stood there with my back against the water, letting it wash away my worries.

I'd dried off my body and was working on my hair when I had heard a clattering in the hallway.

Oh God, this is it. Doomsday.

Perhaps I am over reacting..

I wrapped the towel around my self tightly and tip toed near the source of the noise. There was another clattering noise and a curse that ensued after it.

I nearly jumped out of my skin when it came from the ominous locked door in the hallway.

Jesus Kat, you're so cliche I can't even deal..

My heart was pounding so hard I couldn't even hear my self think, "Mason?" I croaked placing a shaky hand on the door knob.

In an instant the knob was ripped from my hand as Mason materialized in the door way, his towering height looking down intimidatingly.

He stepped out of the room slamming the door shut behind him before I could even get a chance to look in there.

Before I could ask him what was in there he opened his mouth, "Was your shower okay?" He flashed an innocent smile.

I was taken a back by the sudden shift in atmosphere but narrowed my eyes slightly, "Fine.. How was your..?" I motioned towards the door with my head.

He was equally unfazed by my inquiry "Good Good, just some tidying up of the office area" He said while maintaining his steady facade.

We stared down for a couple of seconds before Mason broke the silence, "Uhm well, I come bearing gifts of nutrition. How about you get dressed and I'll heat up breakfast." He started into the kitchen not waiting for my answer.