Love Like No Other (A Riker Lynch fan fiction)

Chapter 1)

“I’m going out mom!” I called while walking out the two enormous doors of my house. I quickly hopped in my worn out ford explorer and pulled out of my driveway. When I stopped for a few kids to cross the street, I pulled out my phone to call my friend Rydel and confirm our lunch plans for today.

“Hello?” she said.

“Hi Rydel this is Emma”.

“Oh my gosh hi Emmy how are you?!?!” she practically screamed into my ear. To no surprise she was as happy and cheery as usual.

“I’m great. I was just wondering if we were still on for this afternoon?”

“Yeah of course we are! I’m already there!”

“Alright cool I’ll be there in a bit. See ya Ry.”

“K bye Emmy!”

I arrived at the sushi place about five minutes after talking with her. As soon as I walked in, I was immediately greeted by a big bear hug.

“Hey girl how are you?” I asked in between my giggles.

“ I’m great! It feels like I haven’t seen you in forever!”

She and her family had went up to Colorado for about two weeks to visit their grandparents and cousins.

“ I know it’s been too long! I missed you guys.” We sat down at our tables and pulled out the menus to order.

“ So I guess you’re wondering how Riker’s doing?” She smiled as she asked and I couldn’t help but crack a smile too. Riker was her older brother and I’ve had a huge crush on him for as long as I can remember. He was tall, lean and had eyes that could just make you melt. Not to mention that he was extremely funny and sweet. Of course we’re friends and I hang out with him but I’ve always wanted to be more than that. At sometimes I think he’s flirting with me but other times he treats me like one of the guys. I’m so confused but all that I know is that I want him more than I’ve wanted anything in my entire life.

“ Oh well I want to hear how things went for all of you guys”, I said trying to hide how I wanted to hear about Riker.

“Mmhmm ok…..” I could tell that she wasn’t buying it.

“ No but seriously tell me about the trip” She looked at me once more with that same funny ‘you totally like Riker’ look before continuing on about all the fun that they had. All of her stories were so fun and interesting that before I knew it, it had already been two and a half hours of California rolls and conversation. We decided that it was time to go so we paid our check and walked out of the restaurant. After saying goodbye to her I started to get into my car when she asked me if I wanted to hang over at her house.

“Oh I’m not sure I mean my mom probably wants me home by now.”

“Come on Emmy everyone would be so excited to see you! You know what? You should sleep over tonight! It’s Friday isn’t it? And you don’t have any plans for this evening do you?”

“Umm I guess not. Are you sure you sure it’d be ok for me to sleep over?”

“Oh course! My parents love you and my brothers would love to hang out with you.” I could tell that she was mostly just implying hanging out with Riker.

“Alright alright I’ll come “, I said defeated.

“Yay!” she squealed “Tonight’s going to be so much fun!