chapter 4

Riker and I were snuggling on the couch when I heard the door click open. I immediatley jumped up and saw Rydel leaning against the door frame, smirking. "What?" I said

"Oh my gosh I knew it! Riker why didn't you tell me that this was going to happen today!"

I looked at her trying to act confused even though I knew what she meant.

"Well I didn't want everyone to be around when I told her thank you very much. If you haven't noticed, we rarely get any privacy."

Rydel looked at him for a second with a blank stare. Then she grinned and slowly walked away. "What was that about," I said. "Nothing" he answered sounding a little hasty.

"So Em, I was wondering if you wanted to make this official?" "What do you mean by official?" " I mean like do you want to go out with me? Like on a date?"

I smiled. "Of course I want to."

He looked up, beaming and said, " Great! I'll pick you up at 7 then. I have the perfect idea of what we're going to do." He looked at me with that same mischievous look I have seen so many times before. I playfully pinned him on the couch and whispered "see ya tonight."

About a few hours later I was back at my house studying my AP English textbook for finals in 3 weeks. I still couldn't believe that I was going to graduate in less than a month. Sometimes I had to convince myself that I was almost in college so that I could snap myself back into reality. When i finished studying, i spent a lot of time trying to make dorm arrangements with my friend, Molly. I was super excited to go off to college 1) so I could get out of my house, 2)because I was going to be rooming with the girl I had been best friends with since the 3rd grade and 3) because UCLA was only 40 minutes away from the Lynch's house. Speaking of the Lynch's, I just remembered that I my date with Riker is in 2 hours. I knew that it would take me some time to get ready so I went to my bathroom and showered. When I got out I dried off and put on a black shirtdress with little white polka dots and a slim black belt (trust me it looks a lot cuter than it sounds). I also slippdd on a pair of black braided thong sandals. Then I curled my long caramel colored hair and put on a little bit of light pink eye shadow with a touch of eyeliner. I then finished the look off with some mascara and lip gloss. I took one final look at myself in the mirror and smiled. When i walked out of my bathroom and checked my iphone, it read 6:50pm. Cool, I was completely ready with 10 minutes to spare. I decided to spend that extra 10 minutes texting Curt, one of Riker and my closest friends. He knew Riker almost as well as anyone else so I thought he could give me a good pep talk before Riker picked me up. After a few minutes of encouraging words, I heard a honk from outside. I looked out my curtains to see Riker sitting in his blue fj crusier waiting for me in my driveway. I said goodbye to my mom and ran out the door. When I hopped into the passenger seat, he greeted me with a smile and a hug and then peeled out of my driveway and on to the street. Instantly, I turned on the radio and started to sing along to KIIS 102.7 while Riker laughed at my fake singing.

The whole way over he drove with his left hand and tightly held my hand with his right one.

"Where are we going?" I finally asked. "You'll see" he smirked and squeezed my hand a bit. When we stopped at a stoplight, I turned around and saw his guitar case peeking up in the back. I smiled to myself thinking of all the possible things he was planning on doing. All of a sudden he stopped the car and excitedly said, "Were here"

I looked up and gasped. I couldn't believe it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder where they went? And what is Riker planning for their special date? ;)

Please vote and comment and I will try and have a new chapter up by tomorrow

Love ya!

Tabi xoxoxo