Arrival

Waking up in an unfamiliar place. Alone. Not knowing how or when you got there. Is and always will be the scariest thing that has ever happened to me.

Arrival

I lifted my head from the sandy floor. As I rose from the ground I felt lightheaded, and realized that I had hitten my head. I grabbed the back of my head, feeling the bump that had formed. I scanned the beach, looking for the tiniest sight of humanity. The realization that I might be stranded alone, scared me more than anything. Going through this experience without anyone would be difficult and lonesome. Making it easier to lose my mind, and harder to survive. And that terrified me…

 I kept looking down the sandy shore of the beach, when I spotted an object lying near the edge of the water. I started sprinting towards it, getting closer and closer. The hope of it being someone familiar or even someone at all, increased. As I finally reached the body, I gazed at the unfamiliar face before me. His soft brown hair fell right above his eyes, slightly blocking them. His clothes were damp, and clinging to his toned body. I put my fingertips to the inside of his wrist, and felt for a pulse. When I found it, I sighed. He was alive. I wasn’t alone. I brought my hand to his cheek and felt his soft skin against mine. I brushed the hair out of his face. I stared at his peaceful face, and took in all of his innocence.

I sat there for at least 10 minutes just staring at him, and taking in all of his qualities and flaws when his eyelids fluttered open. After wondering what his eyes looked like, I finally got to lay my eyes upon his soft grey-blue ones. I stared at them for a few seconds, before realizing that I must’ve seemed incredibly creepy. I quickly backed away from him, increasing the distance between us. He looked at me, and I saw his dry lips begin to part.

“Where…..where are we?” He spoke. His voice sounded so angelic. So pure and innocent. He gazed at me, waiting for an answer that I could not give him.

“I, I believe we’re on an island.” I mumbled. “And I seemed to have hitten my head, and I don’t quite remember how we got here. Do you perhaps have any memory of what happened?” I looked at him hopefully. He shook his head.

“What’s your name?” He asked, sitting up.

“Rachel.” I responded quickly. “What’s yours?” I asked in a whisper.

“Louis.” He stated, looking at me.

I removed my gaze from him, and looked out towards the water.  

“Are we alone?” He questioned. I looked at him hesitantly.

“I think so…..” I whispered.

Ahhh, i know its short, but thats how all the chapter are going to be ;x. hope you like my story and continue reading it.(': It's a Louis love story in case you didnt know, and well theyre stranded on an island together. and itll be about them becoming closer and closer. really excited for this story. going to be goood, i can feeeel it.(': love hearing your comments. so comment! love you all. x